• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial Capra

4 screws doesn’t look very promising. RPM plastics would be nice.
000cf23e8ffc66955bec8056f57a3c60.jpg

The Horizon guy said it's made in the same place as TLR, with TLR materials and I'll take TLR plastics over RPM's all day long. The disconcerting thing is the design. Most of the pressure is on the screws themselves. Looks like they'll eventually wear around the screw holes.

Last edited:
Hmm..

Bit underwhelmed afa scale looks/proportions go. Bit like the Bomber. There’s something off between bodysize/wheelbase/tiresize.

I had hoped for an absolute scale-true appearance. Alas.

It seems that performance came a bit before scale, and it is significantly more catered to hard-core crawling than, say, a Bomber, or a Wraith. For the hard-core crowd that must be quite satisfying, because they whined a bit that, said, Wraith and Bomber were too fast and more geared towards bombing over tracks through speed, instead of technical driving at a snail’s pace.

I have to admit that I dó like the gearbox, and hope it will be offered loose.. permitting the posts fit every other Axial bottom plate. Could be a good one for an SMT10 v2. ( that quite possibly never will be released, given the lacklustre sales of the SMT10)

I guess the more technical crawling people are going to snap this one up like crazy. I mean.. a dig as standard, metal links everywhere and portals, so far less hanging-up the pumpkins on those wide axles. Axial should have gone a tàd further, though, and add a baggie of stick-on wheel-weights, since about èveryone adds those to their rigs. Would have been jùst that little ‘extra’ in a kit.

But. Well. It’s not for me. I just cannot get over those ‘off’ looking proportions. That’s just me. Most people interested in crawling couldn’t care less if stuff was a little ‘off’ as long as the performance was there. And that seems to be the case here, seeing the video. ( Trujillo said he added some wheelweights to the one shown in the vid. And that was it. All stock for the rest of it.)

Last edited:
Looks promising to me.
Here's hoping there will be ID/OD gears for those portals.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sweet! Thank you Jato.
These axles will eventually find their way into my Scx10 Gen1 [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You're welcome!

I think these axles are going to find their way onto a lot of builds.

That's kind of a stretch IMO. The Capra looks much more similar to a Bomber to me, but don't dare say that on Facebook where all the "geniuses" live. :lmao:

Oh, man, I was going to say the same thing, about bewaring of posting any such comment making a comparison to the Bomber on Facebook, on any of the Capra product postings, because you'll get flamed. I'm not sorry to say, at first glance, it looks like a Bomber. I'm not saying, "It's just a smaller Bomber", but only that the appearance is reminiscent of the Bomber...aesthetics.

Looking at the design comparisons does reveal a disparity between the two, and I'm impressed after looking at the close-up shots. Will I get one? Not sure, but, like others have remarked, I might potentially get one just to cannibalize the drivetrain for another rig. Seeing that the axles are wider than AR44's, it would work great for a type of Wroncho setup!

Last edited:
I'm getting one since it has the appeal of the Gmade R1 to me but updated more for today's standards. I wonder if most of the appeal for something like this is for those of us who run at spots which are pure rock like something of a WE Rock event in the first place, otherwise for most people just driving woods trails they might not make too much sense. I definitely plan to compare it to the 1.9 Wraith since I feel like that's a closer relative than the Bomber is.

Back