• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ascender reliability/quality and parts availability

Axial n00b

Hi, i was looking into buying another rc and i had a question about the Ascender. Is an Ascender as high quality as like an Axial or Rc4wd rig. What about reliability and parts availability:?:

Last edited:
The ascender is a great rig. The quality is great, if you're used to the first gen scx-10, the plastic of the ascender is WAY better. Parts are easily found, has plenty of aftermarket support. Not much is needed really, out of the box it's a great truck that can be put right to work. Look through some threads here like natedog's ascender thread. TONS of great information and real world testing. Get one alreadyđź‘Ť

Ben

Hi, i was looking into buying another rc and i had a question about the ascender. Is an ascender as high quality as like an Axial or Rc4wd rig. What about reliability and parts availability:?:
$40 off all Ascenders through the end of the month while stock lasts at RPP, Amain, and Horizon, plus 10% MORE off non-excluded stuff at RPP:

https://www.rpphobby.com/Articles.asp?ID=247
362eeddfcc6f5d0002948ad51de0f64a.jpg

Last edited:
I have decided to pull the trigger on the f100 Ascender. I haven't ran it yet, but feels like an awesome rig, can't weit to use it"thumbsup"

Great decision, it's a real bargain - you get lights, nice two-tone paint, and satin-finished wheels instead of the too-shiny chrome ones. All for less money - I greatly prefer the inexpensive FlySky GT3-C I ended up getting to the stock radio - comes with a USB rechargeable LiPo, lanyard hole, 2 grip sizes, and 3 channels stock - and extra receivers are like $7... I already picked one up to control my spare Bomber-based build. Personally, I would have gotten it if it was available when I got my K10 - but I love both body styles equally - only the two-tone paint and lights sure help. I had to get a 2nd Chevy cab to get it where I really am going to LOVE it. Welcome to the club, my friend!

I see Natedog agrees with me, but that "dawg" has already done a sweet working headlight mod to his Chebby grille......... dangit!

I think I'm just eventually going for 2 round driving lights tucked inside the Wertymade steel bumper I'm getting.

Thread
I see Natedog agrees with me, but that "dawg" has already done a sweet working headlight mod to his Chebby grille......... dangit!

I think I'm just eventually going for 2 round driving lights tucked inside the Wertymade steel bumper I'm getting.

Your in luck, I just just started this Thread.

Last edited:
Wow - nice stuff, and I know there are also scale inner-fender for the K10 on the Shapeways site.. but I dunno how scale I'm goin' for... I'll confess to being more of a bolt-on guy, that hates extra wiring and interiors... and I can't do the fenders because that will block my ESC button!

I figure driving lights will be easy, because the wiring won't be to the body, and all my electronics are right behind the grill already... won't have to route more than a couple inches.

Shoot - one of the pics shows wiper-blade marks painted on the windshield - I had thought of doing my "glass" in matte clear around wiper patterns, myself. I don't do rust/mud via paint, tho'. I like to occasionally try to clean mine back up...

I do love watching others do those builds, however - will be payin' close attention to your thread(s).

Shoot - one of the pics shows wiper-blade marks painted on the windshield - I had thought of doing my "glass" in matte clear around wiper patterns, myself.

I had that same thought going through my mind, but I will probably have to remove the tinted windshield sticker I'm not sure how well the flat clear will stick it.

Not exactly sure what you mean by flat clear sticking...

If you look at mine, it's currently a RTR-bodied K10 that I beat up on the rocks, painted black inside with a brush, painted the hood outside with Tamiya black spray, then I masked the front and back windows on the outside and shot the whole truck in matte clear Tamiya spray - over decals and all.

The only part I regret is not taking the time to mask the inside of the windows - but I figured it wasn't going to look any good anyways and wanted it over and done with - surprised me in the end!

It's interesting how much "tougher" the exterior is now... the matte clear is less susceptible to scratching than plain Lexan or decals, and so far it's sticking well to the decals I sprayed over.

I'm a firm believer in a final exterior coat of matte clear from now on, the only thing I'll decide on from one vehicle to the next is how to do the windows. Probably mask them completely...

Congrats on the Ascender. As you will find out the quality is way above anything Axial.

Back