• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Codyboy's spare parts Ascender build.

Any progress Ernie?

Hey Ben, Sorry to say but no. May 11 I had to have a major surgery on my neck/back. Had to have a fusion in between 4 and 5 and a custom disc inserted between 3 and 4. The surgery is done from the front of my neck and to get to the vertebrates in the back it is required to move all the muscle, nerves and blood vessels to one side for access. I had bone spurs pressing on the nerves and spinal cord that were causing major problems. A 2 1/2 hour surgery turned into 4 hours. So as a result my throat swelled to the point I coudn't swallow any food or water for over 4 days and had to make a trip back to the hospital for fluids and steroids to open my throat.
Has not been a fun process!!:twisted::twisted:
Thoughts and prayers are very welcome. "thumbsup"
Ernie

Last edited:
Hey Ben, Sorry to say but no. May 11 I had to have a major surgery on my neck/back. Had to have a fusion in between 4 and 5 and a custom disc inserted between 3 and 4. The surgery is done from the front of my neck and to get to the vertebrates in the back it is required to move all the muscle, nerves and blood vessels to one side for access. I had bone spurs pressing on the nerves and spinal cord that were causing major problems. A 2 1/2 hour surgery turned into 4 hours. So as a result my throat swelled to the point I coudn't swallow any food or water for over 4 days and had to make a trip back to the hospital for fluids and steroids to open my throat.
Has not been a fun process!!:twisted::twisted:
Thoughts and prayers are very welcome. "thumbsup"
Ernie

Sorry to hear that, my wife had a fusion, and it’s a painful process even when things go as planned.

Hope you have a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that, my wife had a fusion, and it’s a painful process even when things go as planned.

Hope you have a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I think for right now I'm past the sharp pains stage but the nagging aching makes it hard to get comfy to sleep. I can do about 1/2 hour at a time in the shop right now.

Fingers crossed and get well soon, Ernie!

Thank you young man! It is kind of like eating a elephant " One mouthful at a time". "thumbsup"
Ernie

Hey Ernie, wishing you a speedy recovery. Glad you are on the mend. Been wondering where you been.

Back