• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Anyone running Blue Monkey RC Aluminum parts?

I have a top plate on my work bench. Will probably install it tonight. It's good quality.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm interested to see whether the aluminum shock plate kills the transmission housing or not; after some rigorous bashing.

I'm diggin the links though, may have to order some soon...

I'm interested to see whether the aluminum shock plate kills the transmission housing or not; after some rigorous bashing.

Agreed, that is my only concern as well. I hope someone does some great nose dives to see how the TH holds up to that aluminum plate.

My guess is it will be fine. The part of the tranny that the plate bolts to is quite flexible. But I could see it being brittle in the cold and breaking I guess.

Tapatalk was used for this particular post....

My guess is it will be fine. The part of the tranny that the plate bolts to is quite flexible. But I could see it being brittle in the cold and breaking I guess.

Tapatalk was used for this particular post....

Keep us updated. I've been hovering over the buy button since I first saw the parts. I know you will let us know how it holds up, but I figured that I would mention it anyways. :ror:

I got a buddy coming to visit next week with his busted up trans. Ill be sure too take some pics for you guys. I warned him but he went ahead and made one himself anyways. Now Im going to be fixing it for him with the extra parts you need for it to be 100% successful in ANY situation. "thumbsup"

I got a buddy coming to visit next week with his busted up trans. Ill be sure too take some pics for you guys. I warned him but he went ahead and made one himself anyways. Now Im going to be fixing it for him with the extra parts you need for it to be 100% successful in ANY situation. "thumbsup"

If there was a way to extend the plate so that it also mounts underneath the shift servo (think Harley's fs shift servo plate but as one piece combined with the Blue monkey part), there wouldn't be any broken transmissions.

I'm not quite abusive enough with mine to break the factory plate but it would be nice to have a proper upgrade on hand just in case. I backed the rocker arm nuts off about a mm on each side, and put some thinner shock oil in the front which relieved quite a bit of stress from the shock mount/brace.

Last edited:
I ordered the trailing arms last friday, should be in my mailbox when i get home. Ill post some comparison pics and ill beat the shit out of em this weekend for ya and let you know. :)

If there was a way to extend the plate so that it also mounts underneath the shift servo (think Harley's fs shift servo plate but as one piece combined with the Blue monkey part), there wouldn't be any broken transmissions.

I'm not quite abusive enough with mine to break the factory plate but it would be nice to have a proper upgrade on hand just in case. I backed the rocker arm nuts off about a mm on each side, and put some thinner shock oil in the front which relieved quite a bit of stress from the shock mount/brace.

That was something I did consider doing once my servo took a dump, but combined with how flexibal the main chassis plate is, it made sence too just completely separate the load off the trans all together, and just stiffen up the chassis, and tie the brace into it. Integrating a servo mount into it would definitely help though quite a bit.

crazy fast shipping and the fit and finsh is spot on"thumbsup" thanx (your my boy Blue)"thumbsup""thumbsup" Drail
allso a uber smart vendor for the sticker hook up. im a sticker whore..so thanx
photobucket-6179-1362084795854_zpsceb3a594.jpg

I have blue monkey links front and rear, and his servo plate for my scx10 and everythung is spot on. Great quality, fast shipping overall great products

Good looking fit and finish. Metal looks very raw and I LIKE it... Fits my rig well.

Love the sticker (I'm a sticker whore too, drail.... Big time).

Only complaint thus far.... One of the threads was bent on one of the arms. Straightened it out but now a bit concerned with durability in the stressed area....

ma6a2a8a.jpg

Thanks, Navy Primate RC!

Back