• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Another way to bypass WK tranny clicker gear !!

Toyo496

Quarry Creeper
Hey guys I came up with this last night while I was installing my Blitz slipper clutch and thought I would post and share this with the rest of you.

This is a cheap way to bypass the WK clicker gear clutch. 8)

Take the top shaft out of the WK tranny place on piece of wood and drill two 5/64" holes into the wood through the two current holes in the top shaft. Be careful not to drill holes to deep...shoot for about 2-3mm deep in the wood. Next take some drive pins and place them through the shaft and into the wood, the pins should stick up just slightly out of the top shaft. By doing this you now have a make shift vise to hold the top shaft in place while you center punch and drill a new hole in the opposite end. Now measure back from the inside edge of the groove cut for the E-clip, I measured back 2 to 2.5mm back. Center punch here for your drill bit to start. Use the same 5/64" bit to drill this hole.

So far it should look something like this.....

WheelyKing043RS.jpg

Now remove shaft from the wood "vise" and make sure there are no metal burs or shavings. Re-install E-clip and slide drive pin through top hole.

Should look like this......

WheelyKing047RS.jpg

Now take the top 15T gear and slide it up into place. Now take the plastic spacer and slide that behind the gear as shown.......

WheelyKing035RS.jpg

Now re-install the gear and top shaft into the tranny and BAM you have it !!! Clicker gear bypassed !!

WheelyKing033RS.jpg

This is a FREE and EASY mod that anyone can do !! Does not require anything special. No messy JB-weld or glue or screws ect. ect. Just a drill, drill bit, piece of wood and a few minutes of your time. I will caution you to double check my suggested measurement of 2 to 2.5 mm on the spacing back from the inside edge of the E-clip groove. I chose this spacing because I wanted the drive pin to sit dead center inside the 15T top gear. And I think it worked out PERFECT, however it's up to you. If you look at the installed pic the gears align and mesh perfectly with no end play in the top shaft.

Enjoy CLICK free crawling and bashing "thumbsup"

Back