• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Another Rookie Scratch Build

I don't mind leaving the "DUDGE" on the front.

It's 3D printed, and "close" enough for me.

I guess this could be trimmed as an Adventurer?

adventurer_150.jpg

I don't know what's supposed to be on the fender, lol.
There are almost no good pics of the sides.

I know in some years/trims it's just numbers on the side.

Thanks.
(nice rig..love the color. Purple Haze or Plum Crazy?)
Thanks, it's Plum Crazy..

I'll see what I can dig up on the side emblems

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, I've been out of town.
But before I left I took some pics so I could update the post from the great state of Texas.

A few days before I left, my daughters were playing around and knocked over my T3i and tripod.
The fuel filler broke, flew across the room, and can't be found.

I guess they didn't like it.

So, after a three day hunt that would make the FBI proud, I was forced to make another one.

I figured no farm truck is complete without some fence (window screen) and a few fence posts (coffee stirs) in the back. They somehow seem to compliment the battery.
I weathered the tank a bit more. I need to add some other colors, like an orange-ish brown rust color, I think.

Weathered the front end a bit more.

can't wait to get back home.

Cheers,

nicely done "thumbsup"

tho' I'd think a Dodge Brotha' quote in yer sig
would be more poignant then a henry ferd quote

" I am tired of being carried around in Henry Ford’s vest pocket."
John Francis Dodge

I must say I'm very impressed this is really something!! I would like to see you do another one and really put your heart in it some real patients into it ,,,not that you didn't this one I think you could make one absolutely amazing get into more of fine detail lines but don't get me wrong this is really cool !!..

Looks to good to be a rookie build

I watched too many HeadQuake videos and got lucky...but Thanks.

I must say I'm very impressed this is really something!! I would like to see you do another one and really put your heart in it some real patients into it ,,,not that you didn't this one I think you could make one absolutely amazing get into more of fine detail lines but don't get me wrong this is really cool !!..

You sound like my Teachers from High School, "If you'd just apply yourself..." LOL
I'm not quite done with this one, yet.
Being my first build I'm not sure how much work I can or should put into it, just to have if break apart on a roll-over.
And I'm still figuring out materials, techniques, ETC...
But, the next one will be better...
(I already have a chassis picked out)

Can't wait to see that out on the trail.. looking forward to some time and some pics with all the new additions together

Can't wait to see that out on the trail.. looking forward to some time and some pics with all the new additions together
I can't wait either...really.

I worked some more on the Fuel Tank.
Added lifting straps, and made a way to secure it to the bed.
I hid the mounts in plain sight!

The Front mount is simply a screw that pokes thru the front of the bed.
The tank is removable for battery access..

Drilled the front. I used a 3/4 Forstener and the one Axial light bucket I could find just "snaps" right in. I love it.
I'll be checking my mailbox for the other one....thanks Mike!!!

Dialed in the windshield a bit more. Glued it in place, and glued the weatherstripping as well.. Added side windows. More will come after the statutory 24hr set up time...

Finally added Mirror to the mirrors. The smoker window divider thing is a small Zip Tie tail that was left over from securing the wiring under the hood.
Usually those things wind up on the floor, but not this time!
Also added that "springy thingy" that goes on the filler nozzle. No Idea as to it's purpose, but it looks cool.

May I "axe" you a question??

Cheers!!

Yeah !! there you go bring it to life getting into the fine detailing awesome just awesome !! wish I had the patents to do this I do pretty good been a body and fender person on and off though my life I can do cowl hoods and all kinds of body work semi easy but something like this no way,,, just a little to tedious and time consuming and my hands are totally messed up with the evil arthritis and carpal tunnel in both hand If you made a hundred of them you could name your own price and they would go like hot cake !!! I would take two for sure..."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Clearly, Skinny doesn't understand what "Flex Friday" really means.
He's dense.

I finally glued the side weatherstripping to the A-pillars.
Made some lower mirror mount base things. They really make a difference in realism, I feel.
Cowl vents.

Oh, there's an interior, too.
a crappy 2D interior, but what can you do?
2speed trans, shift servo, full drop bed (nothing can go under the bed) ESC, and Rx....something's gotta give, right?

Oh, BTW....
IT RUNS!

How in the heck did I miss this? Great work! The fuel tank is a nice touch

Might I die tonite, I die a happy man, being recognized by one of the great inspirations in the hobby.
Now I have only to gain the approval of "Oranges the Cat"

Yet, I have this truck to finish.

I have my work ahead of me....

oops, I didn't realize that piece had broken out of the lower opening until
after the crawl/photo shoot.
It's fixed now.

Also, I've found a more reliable way to keep Sarah at the controls...

I might need shorter shocks? Dunno, the Dudge doesn't seem to have any problems as it sits....

I might change them just to be more scale correct...

Masterpiece !! you do fine work my RC friend total awesome.. I like your track to or what ever you would call that set up or trail maybe it is quit cool nice all around
job....

Back