• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Another newb another question

rob.gerwig

Last night I took my Gladiator out on some sandy trails by Lake Michigan. By the end of the night, I noticed that when I would get stuck in the sand, the back wheels had stopped turning while the front spun. Flipped the truck over to see if the driveshaft had broke. Nope, it was fine. Turned the wheels by hand and everything sounded like it was engaging. Flipped the truck back over and it seemed fine after that. I did notice that the rear wheels turned easier than the front, less resistance.

I'm a total newb to the hobby. Any idea what happened? What should I look for when I tear into it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds like your dig slipped out to free wheel. Push servo arm towards front of truck and maybe spin wheels a little bit see if that re engages it. Some times mine pops out even with servo disconnected. Hope this helps if thats not it then it may need some further diagnosis.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Could be endpoints but in all fairness the servo is a weak piece of crap add in a servo saver that allows flex and slop. Well you get the picture it's not an ideal setup. It works pretty good but still has a few bugs.

No problem I have 2 the jeep and gladiator and I just unplugged the servos till I can find a better solution.

Yeah, I was just contemplating that. Not sure how often I would use the dig in the Midwest US terrain. Wondering about unhooking it and using the third channel for lighting instead...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Exactly. For me I'm going to switch over to 2 speed setups with a high turn motor and geared down to get ultra low crawl speeds but still have 2nd gear for trailing.

Back