• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A Trail King for Trailing

So the plan today was to hit the Table Rock trail head, however the trail was slammed, finding a parking spot was difficult, and dogs and people were everywhre.... So I chose to go somewhere else.

I stumbled upon a couple playing in the rocks and followed them around a bit....

RzHFQ7ph.jpg

6ZPQxTAh.jpg

I took a couple tumbles and ended up breaking the joint in the bed seam. Glued back together since I got home...

Last edited:
I had a great day yesterday, entered my first "comp" and did ok, I guess. It was just a little practice comp put on by our local group. My truck performed well, but I didn't do as well as I wanted to. lol. I made some rookie mistakes, and incured some reverse penalties I shouldn' t have taken, not looking ahead. I completed the course in 8 min, and should not have tried the bonus gate, almost pointed out due to a rollover and hitting both gates.

Then went on a trail ride after and just had fun!

lEHyjXeh.jpg

Last edited:
Got out on the trail with a couple of guys today, playing on the rocks @ Celebration Park in Melba...

We had loads of fun, with the King, A Capra, And a couple Trx4's...
The young guy in the background nailed some lines with his Trx4...

BKMntAih.jpg

And we all made an ooopsie....

QkEcUidh.jpg

I went for a morning run today and got into some pretty hard core rocks...

Well I shouda put a ford motor into this truck cause she gave up the ghost on the rocks and locked up...

I have a HH Crawlmaster ready to go in, 16t 540, or a 550 12t....

This little rig crawls so good!

Made it up some stuff that the Trx4, and Capra really struggled or couldn't make...

9UI8bBnh.jpg

Motor swap in progress...

z4eJX6Hh.jpg

Went with a 16t Crawlmaster 540...

Pulled out a Helion Metric 12t 550!

The Trx4 is a beast, But the Trail King rules Supreme!

I swapped in Vanquish UD gears into the rear axle...

7J2qTjHh.jpg

Went out again, A Scx10II, the Trx4 and My King hit the Pennitentiary again...

XHrR5Flh.jpg

UDdhHBdh.jpg

She came off the pack today due to my wraith eating her ESC and Servo...

I broke the bumper in a nasty tumble last time out, so no front bumper today.

rohcgpGh.jpg

1T015tyh.jpg

Welll I am tired of breaking the hard body...

It fell off my pack yesterday, and the bed broke in half so instead of gluing it back together, I tossed my Wraith Spawn body on... And I kinda dig it. Super simple, body posts and everything...

0N2hLmfh.jpg

pMpADHNh.jpg

6gWpUP2h.jpg

Time to go out and beat up on some Capras...

Oh and dropped a pound of weight off the rig.

Yup i agree, love that Bronco bod. I still it a proline? Gonna braze up a roll cage for it I assume? Will look great.

Love all the trail pics. Looks like you have a back yard course as well?

Yup i agree, love that Bronco bod. I still it a proline? Gonna braze up a roll cage for it I assume? Will look great.

Love all the trail pics. Looks like you have a back yard course as well?

Yes, it is the old, discoed Bronco body from Proline. I have the plastic cage for it ready to go.

I figured a Trail King should be seen on the Trail.

The Backyard course is a work in progress, just need to figure out how to kill some nasty vines that take over in the summertime, add more stuff, such as bridges climbs ect...

3b4jtzMh.jpg

Lookin good. Its too bad they disco'd that body. Its a classic

Back