• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A Remedy found...

Slacker, back at it!

So, last weekend I went to the Spring Fling in CT..
509d5cabaa049b973c414b9b8c72377f.jpg

Lots of boulders and holes.. Did some Dlux product testing and all went Awesome!!!

1st course.. Finished it.. Had a double gate! Had to get the Rust-ezee out! ;)

2nd course.. Time out, headed for 10.. I don't think anyone finished that course.. Pretty sweet course, either way!

Time to go.. Course 3.. Throw down and pack up! So I went first.. Superb course, it flowed, it had technical, it had ups and downs, sidehill's, a small boundary, a bonus, a tunnel, etc, etc, etc..
Laid down a -30 in 4 mins..
I think I was there only finisher.. (Rust-ezee worked!
9b748573a69f9074e7f5a9a0e266fea9.jpg

Must seem nice to not have 11 hours of driving and sleeping in a car!!Lol..... Good luck today

Looks like you need to change your name to winner111

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Lol... It just doesn't have the same ring, to it!
1, 2, 3, first places... It still works.. ;)

As I said above.. Comp went well..
6c2f04f0aed5e4c4972401a42389e581.jpg

Had one little scare..
Dropped off a ledge and there was brier's, twigs, etc.. When I finally got out of it, there was some not so great grinding sounds.. Only 2 gates to go, get em!
The binds where so bad, the motor moved back, off the mesh! (Finished the course)

This coming Sunday will be a rock solid test.. It's a natural boulder field. Last time I comp'd there, it cost me 2 sets of XR gears!

Great Driving Troy, I need to stop falling apart on the last course.:lmao: Ringing Rocks will be a blast!"thumbsup"

DAmn dude..youve been KILLIN it! all over the place!

Its about time i get back into the RC thing...Ive been gettin the itch alot lately and coming back are those old thoughts of how to conquer this line or that rock when i see some nice terrain. Its just that....I dont even know where to begin building a rig nowadays. LMAO! Im sure i could figure it out...we'll have to get together one of these days and you can give me the lowdown of whats hot and whats not. :ror:

DAmn dude..youve been KILLIN it! all over the place!

Its about time i get back into the RC thing...Ive been gettin the itch alot lately and coming back are those old thoughts of how to conquer this line or that rock when i see some nice terrain. Its just that....I dont even know where to begin building a rig nowadays. LMAO! Im sure i could figure it out...we'll have to get together one of these days and you can give me the lowdown of whats hot and whats not. :ror:
Holy rock crawler! What rock did you crawl out from under!?

Comp tomm! You should go... :)
See if you can knock the dust off your throttle finger!

Uhhh oohhhhh...

Something isn't in one piece, in the front axle.. :/

I'll update after my 2½hr drive home..

Buuuutttt.. 1st and 2nd courses.. -20's..
Comp was in a football field sized boulder field.. Holes that swallow trucks! No dirt bottom, just all boulders!!
Going for 3 perfect courses.. Small hangup and misdirected throttle blip, with too much rear mixed in. I ended up hanging from my rear tires, after gate 6, off a 2' ledge, over a hole.
I checked it out and tried a reverse. Knowing if I dropped down, I could crawl out, if it went well..
It didn't go well.. Repo.. Finished the course with a -9 and the front end not so good..

I'm leaning towards a gear, but we shall see..

A lil birdie told me it was a pinion:lmao:
Easy!!! Stealing the suspense! Lol..

Like I posted, some posts back.. This spot is brutal!
To my knowledge, 4 rigs suffered destruction! 5 counting my mini pinion spinning in the motor shaft.

2x 32p steel pinions(teeth blown thru and rounded off), a rear axle shaft pin (shattered into 3 pieces), and either a failed 300m tang or Berg locker!

As for the good side of this... It hopefully got the bad out of the way, for the RI Cash Comp!

As for the Excellent side...
I/my HH motors/my go for broke driving style, have twisted 3 tangs off, twisted the ears off, and broke a tang weld off of axle shafts in this rig, in a 6 month period.(if 6 months)..
I have never had a pinion or gear problem.
The binds I have stuck the rig in, in the last 3 weeks, are still making me smile and others telling me to take the repo! ;)

Mad respect for Erik and the new line of Dlux parts!!!
If it costs me 200$(which it doesn't) to aid in the bulletproofness of my front axle and not have to walk off course, carrying my broken rig, is worth Every penny! (Specially when out of state, at a major comp!)
Cool part.. It's parts that are driving the cost of building a rig, Down! Or atleast the cost of axles down!!! Which tend to be the expensive part anyways..

Homeroom for the F'n Bad Ass, line-up, from Dluxfab.com!

Awesome! Glad to hear you almost got out of that location breakage free!

I guess I must put in another tease that I dont think 99% of people will get.....

I might have a fix for a stronger, much stronger pinion soon!

Can't complain about two out of three first place podium spots. Great driving as always. Ringing Rocks is not for the faint of heart.
Yeah, I still can't believe the main battery wires, pulled right out of my mini battery, on the final course!
Scores were tight between us, going into the final course as was..
Great driving, your mini works in a giant way!
Where are us, RI Cash Comp go'ers, going to crawl this weekend!? :)
Awesome! Glad to hear you almost got out of that location breakage free!

I guess I must put in another tease that I dont think 99% of people will get.....

I might have a fix for a stronger, much stronger pinion soon!
It's all your fault, I ended up breaking! Lol..
You wanted the FBA shafts and locker, put thru the ringer, as a Remedy to pricey parts..
They've been tested! Winnerone23 approved! ;)

Bring on the pinions!

Last edited:
Got a chance to get out, on Sunday..
1f445bf1f594058593ee2190c0f96e8a.jpg

Ouch!!!
c394e498d5164e93d8e0e0e7aacd80e8.jpg

First one of those I broke.. So I replaced all 4 and topped off all the fluids. :)

Back