• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

My E10 sure don't look nuttin like that :oops: I have been looking at some cassis and wondering, but now I know what I'm probably going to end up doing. Thanks for posting the pic's! "thumbsup"

TCS is another great forum Vendor, and the X-trail chassis is a deal at $31 shipped. TCS X-Trail Scale Chassis for the Axial AX10 Scorpion

You'll just need few longer 3mm screws to make it work, since the xtrail is thicker than the stock chassis.

the stock skid plate and links bolt right up.

I cut the ESC area off the stock battery tray and mounted the tray up front, with another platform across the middle to set the esc on. and I just made the rear cross brace out of delrin, and bolted a platform & rounded bumper from some old buggy on there
I'm going to setup my aux battery, BEC and light kit back there on the platform.
and attempt the make my own steel front bumper.

What about the tranny? Is the tranny flipped around? And does this require a reverse turn motor? Just act like you're splainin all this to a three year old and we'll do just fine. lol
I'm still in my learning stage.

You don't have to mirror the trans, I just did it to put the weight of the motor on that side,.
if you do mirror it, you can reverse that channel on your radio, or even switch your motor wires around. "thumbsup"

Thanks for all the info! I've really been throwing around the idea of turning this thing into a scaler and this has been a big help. "thumbsup"

The HSP crawler is basically the same truck as the Everest, correct?
So is the HSP connector gear assy' any good or should I stick with the Iron crosses? I was thinking the HSP setup might be a direct drop in without doing any mods to the axles, correct?

HSP RC Rock Crawler Parts (1/10) 180009 Connector Gear Assembly (38T) - HeliPal

they should same part number and everything and so car every aluminum part number for redcat i put in crosses with identical parts for hsp and exceed

The redcat drive shafts are ok, I used mine on brushless for a while and didn't break them.
but I'm using steel MIP AX10 drive shafts now,

yes axial shafts will work,
the AX10 ones are the right length at 4.25 - 5.25"

Last edited:
I have a Hot Racing Aluminum Trans with robinson racing gears installed.
it fits fine you just have to slot 2 of the holes on the skid plate.
the axial transmissions mounting holes are slightly offset, closer together on one side.
or you could probably just switch to an AX10 skid plate.

The redcat drive shafts are ok, I used mine on brushless for a while and didn't break them.
but I'm using steel MIP AX10 drive shafts now,

yes axial shafts will work,
the AX10 ones are the right length at 4.25 - 5.25"

Good deal, the ones that came stock were junk they twisted rather quickly

Thank you for all the info in this thread. Does anyone know how many turns the stock Everest motor has? Did I miss it? Thanks in advance.

No definite info on the motor. I've seen them for sale on ebay and they were listed as a 60T. I'm sure there's a better source of info out there other than ebay, but I haven't found it.

Thank you for all the info in this thread. Does anyone know how many turns the stock Everest motor has? Did I miss it? Thanks in advance.

i contacted redcat and at first i was told 27t so i emailed them back and they said 40t but im willing to bet its closer to 50t-60t. i put a 35t in mine basing it off 40t and the wheel speed easily doubled.

Oh cool. Good info. Thanks guys. I have one on the way and was wondering what I could do to speed it up a little. Thanks for the info.

Back