• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

20vmki's TRX-4 Sport Buildup!

Not the highest quality, but I think it will do for now, added a 3D printed frame and tag :)
IMG_1997.jpg

We had a pretty wicked storm come through a few nights ago, causing the power to go out. When the power company came out to get things straightened out they had to trim a few pretty big branches, which I of course snagged up!

My kid and I trimmed things up and setup the start of our backyard course:
DSC03616.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

DSC03608.jpg

Can't beat a backyard crawlin' course - lookin' good, and the truck ain't bad either!

Cool to see the youngun's playin' outside instead of being glued to a GameBoy... "thumbsup"

Enjoyable thread, a pleasure to read through. Thanks for that.

The back yard course is fun project. Ours slowly grows. Every summer I try to add at least a new feature. It keeps things interesting and the kids interested:). . I just brought in several yards of fill, my girlfriend thinks I am nuts.

Love the Yota, your Sport also came out sharp.

I'm jealous of you guys with your yards - dyin' for a real place instead of this apartment life!

Sport body looks great!

Great start to a backyard course!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did some yard "work" today :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LSfLslT2zqE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And I did some tire things...not perfect, but should be good enough!
IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

More fun this afternoon. I have a shim kit and aluminum lower shock mounts on the way to fix a squeak/tick in the driveline and flex in the steering, respectively. I want to add some dirt/mud to the course soon, my kid is adamant about digging a big hole in the yard...we'll see.

DSC03623.jpg

DSC03630.jpg

DSC03634.jpg

DSC03641.jpg

I would think the lower panhard bar Mount as well as the upper.

6b85759a93d647967e4e3cf3ddb529f1.jpg

I’m pleased with the sammix front shock mounts. I like the shock mounting options but the panhard bar Mount is great. Same as stock where the bar is captured on both sides but in aluminum.

I saw a video for the Gen8 regarding this issue and it was substantial flex that affected steering.

I would think the lower panhard bar Mount as well as the upper.

I’m pleased with the sammix front shock mounts. I like the shock mounting options but the panhard bar Mount is great. Same as stock where the bar is captured on both sides but in aluminum.

I saw a video for the Gen8 regarding this issue and it was substantial flex that affected steering.

I started with the lower shock mount, but I'll be looking at shock towers too as I am seeing some strain on the fender mount.

1_IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

1_IMG_2125.jpg

I also shimmed up my transmission to remove a clicking sound, but I have also recently developed a nice squeak, both drive shafts got blown out and dry lubed, any thoughts on what this could be?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h_lVkrpj6WA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also shimmed up my transmission to remove a clicking sound, but I have also recently developed a nice squeak, both drive shafts got blown out and dry lubed, any thoughts on what this could be?

I’m looking at upgraded lower link/shock mounts also at some point.

The squeak is interesting. Almost like something is too tight but definitely sounds rotational.

I would take the body off, truck supported and run it slow. Then do the same thing upside down.

Hopefully you can pinpoint it that way.

Definitely keep us updated. I’m really curious as to what the cause is

I’m looking at upgraded lower link/shock mounts also at some point.

The squeak is interesting. Almost like something is too tight but definitely sounds rotational.

I would take the body off, truck supported and run it slow. Then do the same thing upside down.

Hopefully you can pinpoint it that way.

Definitely keep us updated. I’m really curious as to what the cause is

Something I didn't add, it's only under load :)

I'll be curious as to what you discover on the squeak as well. My son's just developed this today and I can't pin point where it's coming from. He only has about a half dozen runs on the Sport. It was built as a kit so I know all the gears were properly greased.

I'll be curious as to what you discover on the squeak as well. My son's just developed this today and I can't pin point where it's coming from. He only has about a half dozen runs on the Sport. It was built as a kit so I know all the gears were properly greased.

I think what I'll do is disconnect/un-install one drive shaft to see if I can split the problem between the front and rear.

Also made some progress on the course today, my kid got the hole he wanted, and my daughter added the bridge over top!

IMG_2135.jpg

Something I didn't add, it's only under load :)

It’s hard to tell from the video. Like BenP said maybe try getting it on the bench and run it. I even flipped my upside down and ran it with the throttle trimmed up and loading the drivetrain to isolate the clicking when I was investigating the click.

What shims did you use and where? You still have endplay on that secondary main shaft?

It’s hard to tell from the video. Like BenP said maybe try getting it on the bench and run it. I even flipped my upside down and ran it with the throttle trimmed up and loading the drivetrain to isolate the clicking when I was investigating the click.

What shims did you use and where? You still have endplay on that secondary main shaft?

I only put shims in the spots you did to eliminate play on the main output shaft.

Back