• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2013-14 SCRCC Series Comp 6 - Feb. 22, 2014 @ Dravo Dam

Had a blast today. Even though my ankle and truck did not. Some challenging courses and nice weather made for good comp. I sucks I couldn't stay longer. I'll have pics up sometime tomorrow.

man its been to long sence I hung out with the scrcc crew I really enjoyed myself with good company today had a blast

Jason thanks for letting me run ur rigs today

Well I had a great time as well! 5 courses AND a finals in 2.2pro...HECK YEAH that was great. In Travis' words...WOOOOO!!!!!!! The courses offered up some challenges...and they usually weren't at gate 1 so that was good. The tougher gates weren't impassible, but required some creative thinking/driving in order to continue the rest of the course.

I will try to get the scores posted today...

Just an FYI...the courses were not and I don't think they ever have been set up with the mindset of "how can we build a course that can't be finished" but the gates are simply laid down in such a way that it appears they are doable and once a rig is on the rocks and the timer is counting down that "doable" gate can get a lot worse. On top of that...being at Dravo, or Lake Murray Dam, or Clemson Dam, or even places like Ocoee (TN) you will find that having loose stone between gates can present more of a challenge than actually driving through the gate. Instead the challenge might become just getting to the gates...just part of it.

If anyone has comments or suggestions regarding changes they'd like to see made to the course setups PLEASE send me a PM or a text. These changes could include ways to make the courses easier, more technical, longer, shorter, with more or less bonuses, with bypasses, etc. That way at the next meeting I can present these ideas to the group without everyone knowing who said what and changes can be made as a group. If I don't get any ideas or you don't step up and start building the courses more to your tastes then the changes you want probably won't happen.

Last edited:
Enjoyed it while it lasted for me. Sorry I had to leave early. It's always good to hang out with my crawling friends. Glad to have you back Marcus, and let me say, sorry for the bitching about the gates that I didn't have the skills to conquer. Especially, since most people made those gates after a couple of us tried all the wrong ways. But like most, I get a little upset not performing well and was letting off a little steam. Don't take much for me to get over it though. Again, sorry for the bitching, I'm working on it.

However, I have always been of the opinion that us less skilled drivers, and even the best drivers, benefit from watching others drive the course. That was very evident Saturday. That being said, maybe next time we can keep that in mind while setting the running orders. Sat we had 5 courses and 5 drivers per group. Each driver could have run first, second, third, fourth and fifth once each to keep it fair. Just thoughts for the next time.

hey building courses is hard to do.. if u have not done it yet you should try it out. u don't want the courses to easy or to hard. that is easyer said than done. u look at a gate ur laying down and it looks good and doable but when a truck gets on it and it imposable. hell ive laid down gates I thowt where easy that turned out doable but hard to get threw. ive also laid down gates that look hard that turned out easy to easy.

we all have those bitching moments I just hate to see some one get frusterated we all have been there. I no its hard but the best way to do is is wait till we chill out then talk aout what we can do to fix the prob. bitching just normally makes everything worse one person starts then others get in the movement and nothing gets done to help the problem just a group of people talking smake etc. we al have bad days hell Ive had a lot of bad days. hopr to see everyone back up on there game

Back