• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2011 axial west coast championships

I am so excited!!!! And im expecially excited that we're camping this year!!!! No worrying about driving back and forth, lots of time to hang out.... im so excited!!!!

We'll get the "drinks" going for ya.:mrgreen: You nurses need a break from time to time.

The LCQ courses will be left up and after the last driver of the LCQ has finished, the courses will opened for practice.

There are 3 new course formats this year and yes, they will be in the LCQ.

Drivers wishing to get their timing down or work on their chess game or simply get a game plan together can do so during practice after LCQ. I will announce when LCQ is over!

Bring your own score cards and timers.

Here is a brief description of the new course formats. They have been ran by some of the best drivers in the country and may or may not feature "clear dirt". :shock:

Multi-Lap Course:

2 laps in 4 mins, each lap will count as a seperate score, when a driver clears gate 10, their points reset, but the time keeps ticking, so don't stop! Continue driving, you have one more lap to do. If a driver does not finish his first lap, then he will receive his progression points for the first lap and a 40 for the second lap. (May or may not have a bonus line.:twisted:)

Think of this as an r/c version of the infamous KOH.

A possilble -60 points could be attained if a driver cleaned both laps and a bonus line that may or may not be there. This has never done. Could you be the first?

Extended Course:

10 gates in 6 mins, when a driver clears gate 10, they stop until the judge resets the timer to 3 minutes and then the driver continues on to the extended course. A driver should not touch his/her car during this brief pause, unless they don't mind a "touch" penalty. The extended part of the course is 10 gates in 3 mins.

If a driver 40's before the extended part of the course, they will recieve a 40 for the extended course.

A possible -40 points could be attained here, but be prepared, not scared, because the extended part of this course is where REAL MEN put rubber to rock!

Progression Bonus Course (A John Ripplinger production):

10 gates in 6 mins, in between each gate will be an additional bonus progression gate. These gates will be the orange Axial Gate Markers. The course will be green Axial gate markers. Starting between the start circle and gate 1 will be a BP gate, a driver may drive the BP gate or by pass it and go straight to the gate 1. As soon as the driver progresses gate 1 the BP gate he/she passed up is no available for bonus progression points, but the BP gate in between course gate 1 and 2 is.

A driver may drive all the BP gates or none. Pick and choose the BP gates that you want to drive, but remember, you must finish the course to get the bonus progeression points. Greed could turn a possible -40 into a 40 real quick if a driver loses track of time.

Standard Course:

10 gates in 6 mins, may or may not feature a bonus line, but will feature pure, grade A adrenaline rush.

Don't let the standard in this course name fool you, just when you thought you had it fiqured out, a standard course may just flip you, spank you, and send you straight to 40 town!

Good Luck to all and be ready for some serious FUN!

NOTE: The 2011 Marshalls have been posted in post #1. Thank you Marshalls and Judges, you are all #1 in my heart! "thumbsup"

OK, t-shirts all sorted, labeled with drivers names and packed, prized, etc. Luckley everything else fitted into the Axial-RV.

The ADV80 Land Cruiser is packed to the roof but spare room on the roof rack. I laid down a sheet of plywood on top of the rack to cut down on direct sun onto the roof on the truck. I've been reading some outback sites and pick up this tip for heat reduction from direct sun. I thought I really could use this as my ADV80 is minus air conditioning right now. The new A/C condensor is sitting in the floor. But it has been ultra-busy prepairing everything for AWCC.

We leave crazy early in the morning.

Looking forward to a week of camping out in the tent!

See everyone there - god speed and safe travels!!!

Drive safe! We're heading up bright and early after I get off work wednesday morning...

Have I mentioned how excited I am?? The only way I could be more excited would be if I had a scaler and could run the G6.

Drive safe! We're heading up bright and early after I get off work wednesday morning...

Have I mentioned how excited I am?? The only way I could be more excited would be if I had a scaler and could run the G6.

You can run mine or Lisa's? You will need tow straps and lights for mine.
What ever you break you buy. :lmao:

Capt. Axial damaged my Wraith last week. He grabbed it and tried to fly away with it, but unbeknownst to him he can't really fly and fell on it. It broke under the extreme pressure of his greatness. If he gets around to fixing it you are welcome to run it!

Capt. Axial damaged my Wraith last week. He grabbed it and tried to fly away with it, but unbeknownst to him he can't really fly and fell on it. It broke under the extreme pressure of his greatness. If he gets around to fixing it you are welcome to run it!

deal! haha, sounds awesome

getting closer, I keep looking at the calendar
I keep saying, i wish it were friday morining already...I would be there right now.
My wife is like yea, i wish it were friday also, so i can get some piece and quite:lmao:

Last edited:
The LCQ courses will be left up and after the last driver of the LCQ has finished, the courses will opened for practice.

There are 3 new course formats this year and yes, they will be in the LCQ.

Drivers wishing to get their timing down or work on their chess game or simply get a game plan together can do so during practice after LCQ. I will announce when LCQ is over!

Bring your own score cards and timers.

Here is a brief description of the new course formats. They have been ran by some of the best drivers in the country and may or may not feature "clear dirt". :shock:

Multi-Lap Course:

2 laps in 4 mins, each lap will count as a seperate score, when a driver clears gate 10, their points reset, but the time keeps ticking, so don't stop! Continue driving, you have one more lap to do. If a driver does not finish his first lap, then he will receive his progression points for the first lap and a 40 for the second lap. (May or may not have a bonus line.:twisted:)

Think of this as an r/c version of the infamous KOH.

A possilble -60 points could be attained if a driver cleaned both laps and a bonus line that may or may not be there. This has never done. Could you be the first?

Extended Course:

10 gates in 6 mins, when a driver clears gate 10, they stop until the judge resets the timer to 3 minutes and then the driver continues on to the extended course. A driver should not touch his/her car during this brief pause, unless they don't mind a "touch" penalty. The extended part of the course is 10 gates in 3 mins.

If a driver 40's before the extended part of the course, they will recieve a 40 for the extended course.

A possible -40 points could be attained here, but be prepared, not scared, because the extended part of this course is where REAL MEN put rubber to rock!

Progression Bonus Course (A John Ripplinger production):

10 gates in 6 mins, in between each gate will be an additional bonus progression gate. These gates will be the orange Axial Gate Markers. The course will be green Axial gate markers. Starting between the start circle and gate 1 will be a BP gate, a driver may drive the BP gate or by pass it and go straight to the gate 1. As soon as the driver progresses gate 1 the BP gate he/she passed up is no available for bonus progression points, but the BP gate in between course gate 1 and 2 is.

A driver may drive all the BP gates or none. Pick and choose the BP gates that you want to drive, but remember, you must finish the course to get the bonus progeression points. Greed could turn a possible -40 into a 40 real quick if a driver loses track of time.

Standard Course:

10 gates in 6 mins, may or may not feature a bonus line, but will feature pure, grade A adrenaline rush.

Don't let the standard in this course name fool you, just when you thought you had it fiqured out, a standard course may just flip you, spank you, and send you straight to 40 town!

Good Luck to all and be ready for some serious FUN!

NOTE: The 2011 Marshalls have been posted in post #1. Thank you Marshalls and Judges, you are all #1 in my heart! "thumbsup"

OH MY!
Brotha you have cooked up some awsomeness!!
see ya thursday afternoon,

just when you thought you had it fiqured out, a standard course may just flip you, spank you, and send you straight to 40 town!

I love it. One of the best lines yet.:lmao:

Back