• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1:1 Tire scale replica request thread

Went to their site ready to order and seen 10$ shipping! Might wait and see if some pop up on eBay, usually stuff is better on shipping costs there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could think about coming close to $10 shipping!

Im at $20 shipping ordering a pencil:lmao::lmao:
seriously though, every one of my orders are atleast $20 shipping.

Speaking about non-crawling, but still useful off-road tires:

Perhaps some BFG Baja T/As? They are kind of a pointless crawler tire, but would be nice on some desert racing and trail rigs. Love the look of them too.

Baja_KR_343x.png

(ok this was a big image sorry..)

(since I am quoting your post, I decided to swap out your pic for a smaller version)

RC4WD used to have a 2.2" unlicensed model of that tire called the Dune T/A - here's a thread I made about getting them to work fairly well on a heavy rig: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/598244-diy-half-assed-dual-stage-foams.html#post6054436

HPI also had a similar tire called the Mini Trophy, I believe they were 1.9", for their Mini Trophy truck.

See this thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/606040-1-9-baja-racing-tires.html

There are STILL some of each floating around eBay and other places.

The RC4WD:

51Br7P%2BzLKL._AC_.jpg

the HPI:

s-l1600.jpg

The RC4WD Dune T/A installed on my Defender:

378032d1546752279-img_20190105_222347.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking about non-crawling, but still useful off-road tires:

(since I am quoting your post, I decided to swap out your pic for a smaller version)

RC4WD used to have a 2.2" unlicensed model of that tire called the Dune T/A - here's a thread I made about getting them to work fairly well on a heavy rig: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/598244-diy-half-assed-dual-stage-foams.html#post6054436

HPI also had a similar tire called the Mini Trophy, I believe they were 1.9", for their Mini Trophy truck.

See this thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/606040-1-9-baja-racing-tires.html

There are STILL some of each floating around eBay and other places.

The RC4WD:

51Br7P%2BzLKL._AC_.jpg

the HPI:

s-l1600.jpg

The RC4WD Dune T/A installed on my Defender:

378032d1546752279-img_20190105_222347.jpg

Those look pretty good, they would be great for doing a bigger wheel. [emoji1690]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's because you are in GORGEOUS Hawaii, you know, that "other" part of the US. :mrgreen:

You are paying $20 in shipping in return for living in paradise. :ror:

Lmao

Yeah, doesn’t even feel like I’m in the US over here. Used to being in the Southern Indiana corn fields.

Maybe I need to live in Hawaii for a while so when I come back to Indiana 10$ shipping charges don’t make me second guess a purchase lol

Maybe I need to live in Hawaii for a while so when I come back to Indiana 10$ shipping charges don’t make me second guess a purchase lol

Lol!

A lot of times I could even get free shipping in Indy , but not over the ocean [emoji23]

Where’s the 1.55 Mud Grapplers? Trail grapplers?

I noticed you bought 2.2" Grapplers - MST actually makes those in a 1.9", they are right at 4.7' tall - here's my set mounted on some LURC Trail Ready's:

Attachments

• PXL_20220601_035752007.jpg
    PXL_20220601_035752007.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 366
  • PXL_20220601_035642828.jpg
    PXL_20220601_035642828.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 354
I noticed you bought 2.2" Grapplers - MST actually makes those in a 1.9", they are right at 4.7' tall - here's my set mounted on some LURC Trail Ready's:

Hey thanks for looking out durok!

I bought the cheap 2.2s off Amazon so i could try my hand at cut n shut tires so in case I mess up I only spent $20 on them rather than $50.

Those MSTs do look better, larger lug spacing than the knockoffs. If I do these successfully, I’ll probably pick up a set of those[emoji1687]

These would be awesome to have in 1/10 scale. They are on a 1/24, can’t think of the brand right now but they are definitely modeled after the Gladiator X Comp MTs

c032a0430b32a35fcf56acf6233b477b.jpg

e0e907094b191e49cac0ec5699595643.jpg

Great catch!

In the US those are sold under the Duratrax name - the Scaler CR model:

DTXC4066-2.jpg

The taller version with white letters on one side has a slightly different tread - but still not exact. Just throwing ideas out there, ya know...

DTXC4016-2.jpg

and an unlicensed tiny tire - the Rocky Country 1.55"

Advanced X2S³ Compound
Fits 1.55" Wheels
Outer Diameter: 4.02in / 102.3mm
Width: 1.26in / 32.2mm
Inner Diameter: 1.61in / 41.0mm
Each Tire Weight: 2.08oz / 59.1g

Z-T0022-3.jpg

Simex Jungle Trekker

1589850676657_default

Why are all our tire options so nice and new looking, why can't we get some po boy specials, like the inner shoulders bald, maybe a bubble in the sidewall, plugs in the tread etc.
Not all of us can afford new tires, but I'd budget new old looking tires
"thumbsup":mrgreen:

Why are all our tire options so nice and new looking, why can't we get some po boy specials, like the inner shoulders bald, maybe a bubble in the sidewall, plugs in the tread etc.
Not all of us can afford new tires, but I'd budget new old looking tires
"thumbsup":mrgreen:

You can do all of that yourself. I've seen builders sanding their brand new tires to look worn. I'll never do that. Buying a set of tires is a rare event for me

You can do all of that yourself. I've seen builders sanding their brand new tires to look worn. I'll never do that. Buying a set of tires is a rare event for me

Doing it yourself is so 15 years ago, I want to buy it RTG!
Tire selection these days are amazing though.
Just to play along, I'd love to see the OG MT Baja Belted. Imex made one back in the day but I think only in Clod size.
baja-belted-lg-jpg.4021663

Last edited:
Back