• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1:1 Tire scale replica request thread

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rc4wd makes them in a ton of sizes.

Agreed - they're one of the reasons I created the thread - seeing them release 1.55", 1.7", 2 different outer diameter 1.9". as well as 2.2" of the MT/R had me thinking of what else would be interesting in a scale size (and ideally, a good rubber compound!)...

I recently got the 1.7" size - they are 4.19" diameter and should be really nice on my K10 Ascender.

Asd far as the Pirelli P7 goes - it's an awesome tire, but that's not even the P7 Rally - much less an actual off-road tire, which this site concerns itself with!

I always liked the tires these vehicles came with - Tamiya usually has one or the other one of these kits in reissue status :

cheetah-vs-xr311-b.jpg

Regarding these images and the Thornbirds from TSL, etc... I know they aren't all necessarily great tires, just interesting tread designs. The Thornbird however - I did mention "scary" when I posted it - the reasoning for that is that I can't help but think those ginormous chunks of tread have got to wreak havoc on the balance of the wheel/tire package!

Saw this pic and went "Whoa!":

showpic.php

BUT! in the description the guy said he only had driven them on the highway - I mean, who would drive that tread on the highway? If I were nuts enough to buy those tires for a 4x4, that rig would be trailered to dirt... No wonder it threw tread - I can only imagine the harmonic imbalances at high speeds... :shock:

protoform vintage is your best bet. 31mm and 26mm widths available for that staggered look you're after.

HPI also made that tread design, and some pretty nice scale-ish rally tires as well:

51jGOF%2B5FNL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
images

But again, not off-road in the sense of what this site typically is concerned with.

BTW - I will say, the vintage racing sportscar tire tread has always been very evocative of the good old days for me - I bought a nifty watchband for my dress watch in that pattern - to save wear and tear on the leather originals:

Attachments

• IMG_20180117_225033crop.jpg
    IMG_20180117_225033crop.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 957
I would really love to see the 1 on the left in a scale production and in different sizes. It is the OG Goodyear MTR and The full size has been out for A LOOOOONG time. ..

file.php

I bought Firestone Firehawk wide oval tires on my mustang (2007) specifically for the big raised letters on the sides so i can paint them White!

It's the only tire with the brand and model on opposite sides so it looks like an old muscle car 15'' tire.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I would really love to see the 1 on the left in a scale production and in different sizes. It is the OG Goodyear MTR and The full size has been out for A LOOOOONG time. ..

file.php

SDI has a good replica except the logo on the sidewall. "thumbsup"
scale-doctor-2.jpg

Their older compound was a little firmer, but the newer compound seems softer, with more "grippiness" to them.

BTW - I will say, the vintage racing sportscar tire tread has always been very evocative of the good old days for me - I bought a nifty watchband for my dress watch in that pattern - to save wear and tear on the leather originals:

Proline/Protoform VTA tires is as close as you'll get to that watch. On-road only tires, obviously.

10139-17_l.jpg

Back