• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1:1 Tire scale replica request thread

What tire is that???!!! :shock::razz:
Here you go
42ede67b03b6038cfc4e111c0e869815.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

HPI also made that tread design, and some pretty nice scale-ish rally tires as well:

51jGOF%2B5FNL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
images

But again, not off-road in the sense of what this site typically is concerned with.

BTW - I will say, the vintage racing sportscar tire tread has always been very evocative of the good old days for me - I bought a nifty watchband for my dress watch in that pattern - to save wear and tear on the leather originals:

Proline/Protoform VTA tires is as close as you'll get to that watch. On-road only tires, obviously.

10139-17_l.jpg

They had been mentioned them earlier in the thread, HPI made them first, then Protoform picked up the slack...

HPI4797-2.jpg

Although loooong ago, Pro-line made a low-profile tire that had a vintage tread, the Striker and Striker II:

pro-line-1053-striker-rubber-tires-0_1_6921ff40bf25f48e1bf357c2dc2b43d2.jpg
images

They have brought it back from the dead and re-purposed it as a rally and Short-Course tire, the Striker SC:

10104_l.jpg

Like I said, I have a true tire fetish - I sometimes think I am in R/C mainly because I can more easily afford to buy all the tread patterns that strike (groan, sorry for the pun) my fancy...

Although, I really can't - because the damn wheels are so pricey!

(and the tires aren't cheap, either)

One thing that makes it hard for me to get into the rally and onroad stuff so much - I hate glue-ons!

...although I do appreciate pre-mounts.

"thumbsup"

TSL Thornbirds (scary...):

TSLThornbird.jpg
2926025796_206111a151_z.jpg

So, RC4WD actually did it:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/610480-new-rc4wd-interco-tires-1-9-thornbirds-1-55-tsl-ss.html#post5952157

The generally accepted reason the 1:1 was lousy was because they threw tread chunks at speed... these little scale versions should have tons of traction crawling, and as long as you don't install them on your high-kv brushless speed rig and go for pavement runs, they ought to do great!

"thumbsup"

I like 'em, but would never have run the 1:1 version on anything other than a trailered and off-road dedicated vehicle.

My weird fetish for tread designs is gonna make me pick up a set, and likely make me get another crawler to install them on! :oops:

So....

Anyone have other 1:1 tires they want little scale replicas of?

I have connections with Toyo Tires and I would love to see an R/C brand make scale tire that not only looks real but also performs. I am new to R/C world so not sure who needs to be invited to make this happen.

I would like to add Open Country Tires in M/T, R/T and even C/T as an another option for R/C scalers/crawlers. Also would like to see this in a 1.5, 1.7 or 1.9 sizes.

mud-tires-open-country-mt.jpg
rugged-terrain-tires-open-country-rt.jpg
off-road-tires-open-country-ct.jpg

Here are some other photos for reference.
60578928_383224759206099_7979956057838374636_n.jpg

60170764_1015893668585776_7266015793570601061_n.jpg

59490276_659947384467043_6198905878876221732_n.jpg

(side note - I love the wheels that Toyota is rockin' in that photo above!)

The RC4WD Compass is a very close copy to the Toyo M/T Open Country:

Z-T0113-1.jpg

Z-T0113-3.jpg

(side note - I love the wheels that Toyota is rockin' in that photo above!)

The RC4WD Compass is a very close copy to the Toyo M/T Open Country:

Z-T0113-1.jpg

Z-T0113-3.jpg

Very awesome! I have to do a few double takes just to make sure. But you are right, it's very close. I wish it was branded Toyo, that would be the cherry on top.

Thanks BTW on the wheels, my old time friend owns the company. As soon as I find a machine shop, I am going to replicate the Traverse HDs in 1.7 and 1.9. "thumbsup"

I've ran and always liked the Rc4wd compass tires, they always worked great for me with the right foams

Mickey Thompson Baja Pro X Extreme Mud Terrain Tire

I would like to see this in a 1.9.

I second that motion!

Thanks for posting those - I have been seeing some rock bouncers running that tire and had a hard time finding out what brand and model it was... "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Thats a aggressive looking Mickey T tire "thumbsup" and i don't think you have to go for the softest / most sticky compound.

I have connections with Toyo Tires and I would love to see an R/C brand make scale tire that not only looks real but also performs. I am new to R/C world so not sure who needs to be invited to make this happen.

I would like to add Open Country Tires in M/T, R/T and even C/T as an another option for R/C scalers/crawlers. Also would like to see this in a 1.5, 1.7 or 1.9 sizes.

Here are some other photos for reference.

Those tires look good and may work on 1:1, but there isn't enough spacing between the tread for them to work well on RCs in dirt and mud. On dry rocks and flat, trail terrain they'd be fine.

Mickey Thompson Baja Pro X Extreme Mud Terrain Tire "thumbsup"

I would like to see this in a 1.9.

Those look like a 1:1 company copied RC tires! :ror:

I dont play in the mud. The only time i saw the 1:1 were on the rocks. I really want to build a replica of "Chubby Chaser" 81 CJ5

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h-I5cmB8YA4" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I dont play in the mud. The only time i saw the 1:1 were on the rocks. I really want to build a replica of "Chubby Chaser" 81 CJ5

I believe he was mentioning the Toyo tires and mud performance.

That YouTube clip was great fun, and there's a bit of mud - not that the M/T Baja Pro X tires on Chubby Chaser had ANY problems with it!

"thumbsup"

OK, Mickey Thompson has now released a DOT-approved version of the Baja Pro - the Baja Pro XS - the lugs are more connected for less tread squirm on-road - watched some of the season-opener Rock Bouncer races and more guys are now running the off-road only version - doing quite well, I might add!

Here's a pic of the DOT-approved version:

tires-four-new-tires-sema-2019-lead-photo.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-11-07-at-7.02.02-PM.png

I am super-stoked...

After emailing RC4WD regarding the new Mickey Thompson Baja Pro tires, I just found out they have released scale versions as well as a couple of other new tires:

Advanced X2S³ Compound
Fits 1.7" Wheels
Outer Diameter: 4.20in / 106.8mm
Width: 1.61in / 40.9mm
Inner Diameter: 1.70in / 43.2mm
Each Tire Weigh: 2.62oz / 74.5g

Z-T0196-3.jpg

Z-T0196-9.jpg

Last edited:
They also released a new size of the Interco Ground Hawg II:

Advanced X2S³ Compound
Fits 1.55" Wheels
Outer Diameter: 4.19in / 106.4mm
Width: 1.31in / 33.4mm
Inner Diameter: 1.54in / 39.2mm
Each Tire Weight: 2.65oz / 75.3g

Z-T0029-3.jpg

and an unlicensed tiny tire - the Rocky Country 1.55"

Advanced X2S³ Compound
Fits 1.55" Wheels
Outer Diameter: 4.02in / 102.3mm
Width: 1.26in / 32.2mm
Inner Diameter: 1.61in / 41.0mm
Each Tire Weight: 2.08oz / 59.1g

Z-T0022-3.jpg

I wish the Ground Hawg II would have been offered somewhere between 4.19" and 4.75" and not this narrow, but it's very cool they released a new size at all.

I wish the Ground Hawg II would have been offered somewhere between 4.19" and 4.75" and not this narrow, but it's very cool they released a new size at all.

Another odd thing is that the sidewalls are labelled "Mud Hogs" instead of "Ground Hawgs" - but they are also on sale for only $19.99 a pair...:shock:

The little Rocky Country tires are also that price currently.

Back