• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Yoda's RR10 Bomber Build... B1B IFS!

Decided to swap out the hot racing aluminum wraith tranny for SSD high ratio tranny. What a purrdy piece of aluminum!

20160310_183352_LLS_zpsisdnkolz.jpg

20160310_183454_LLS_zpsxwbr1tci.jpg

20160310_183605_LLS_zps59uutolv.jpg

20160310_183519_LLS_zpsixosjanm.jpg

That is a nice lookin tranny! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some poser flex pictures. Even with the rear sway bar, the flex is perfect. I'm happy with it. Rims are stock plastic axial methods with tsl xl tires with crawler innovation 6" double duece comp cut inners and medium / firm outters. Im going to get some fanquish rims when the wider versions come out soon and also get some voodoo U4 tires or...? Haven't decided yet.

20160319_190314_zpsyegn7bnz.jpg

20160319_190331_zpssxx4rkxi.jpg

20160319_190431_zpsw7f2smws.jpg

20160319_190444_zpsfjarlep2.jpg

Looking good bro! I'm still on the fence about a sway bar. Of course mine is still sitting in pieces waiting for the rest of my axle parts so I haven't really had a chance to test anything yet! Have you had a chance to run it yet with the MMX? I haven't made up my mind yet with power choice either.

Wow! Nice. That defiantly shows some flex with the sway bar. The more i look at Barndogs panels the more i like them.

Looking good bro! I'm still on the fence about a sway bar. Of course mine is still sitting in pieces waiting for the rest of my axle parts so I haven't really had a chance to test anything yet! Have you had a chance to run it yet with the MMX? I haven't made up my mind yet with power choice either.

Thanks. If you go with ucfab sway and smallest rod, it will still flex but help with torque twist and if you plan on a fast setup and bashing around, you definitely need one. I haven't run it yet, waiting on my locked up spools to show up. But having the adjustable drag brake is worth the extra cost in my book.

Wow! Nice. That defiantly shows some flex with the sway bar. The more i look at Barndogs panels the more i like them.

Thanks. I really thought it wouldn't flex this much so I was shocked and impressed with the amount it has. Brandon aka barndog does awesome work and his panels show it. The fact that he will make any changes you want and use thicker material is also a plus. No one else will do that.

I have a feeling I'll end up with the UCFab sway bar in the end. I just don't want to restrict the suspension while crawling. I've thought about doing the "go fast" build route but the size for bashing is still an issue with me. I definitely want to get your feedback though once she's up and running. I so want to pull the trigger on the MMX but, I'll wait. My motor/ESC choice will be the last part of the build.

84yoda, why did you not use the hi/lo trans?

I built the bomber ground up so I bought the cage and already have the wraith style tranny. Its also lighter, less moving parts, dont want a 2 speed, moves tranny more forward so for me and lots of other people, a smarter and better choice over bomber tranny.

Thanks, I just got into this end of the rc game and I'm planning out a U4 build from scratch so digging for info on some of these builds. Your rig looks good.

Thanks, I just got into this end of the rc game and I'm planning out a U4 build from scratch so digging for info on some of these builds. Your rig looks good.

Thanks!

There is tons of good info in the bomber section so just gotta read up on everybody threads and dont be afraid to ask questions. But to help you out, if you aren't wanting the optional 2 speed, I would ditch it for SSD setup. Plus its a higher ratio so more speed for racing. Or build up a bomb proof setup like super shaft has.

Parts list.

Electronics:
Mamba Monster X
HH puller pro 540 3500kv
HH HV500 servo
Hitec tx, proton 4 rx (gps, volt, motor temp)

Front axle:
SSD offset housing, delrin skids
MIP wraith
Losi 4" shocks, 1.8lb white springs, 40wt
Axial aluminum 25t double clamp servo horn
VP scale chubs/knuckles, steering links, vvds, link mounts, Ti upper/lower links
Locked up rc FI spools
Underdrive 43/13t gears
Fast eddy bearings

Rear axle:
SSD centered housings, delrin skids
MIP yeti
Losi 4" shocks, 1.8lb white springs, 40wt
Currie sway bar, shafts
VP Ti upper links, trailing arms, link mounts
Lock up rc FI spool
Underdrive 43/13t gears
Fast eddy bearings

Transmission:
SSD aluminum high ratio tranny
DMG adapter plate
12t pinion/56t spur
Fast eddy bearings

Body:
Carter fab hood/inner fenders
Barndog racing extended sides, roof, rear firewall
Team KNK SS hardware
Stock interior

Rims/tires:
Axial 2.2 plastic method beadlocks
Proline TSL XL
CI 6" DD, CC inners, medium/firm outters
VP .600 slw hubs/hexs (f/r)

Exterior:
DMG aluminum braces/exo radiator mount
Gear head 4" koh rear light bar
RC4WD squadron led pods
Scale RC4WD hi lift
BPC wraith length limit straps
Lego window nets
Yeah racing fire extinguisher

Got my VP lockers swapped out for locked up rc FI spools and underdrive gears. There is zero slop. Just hope they stay like this after some abuse.

20160308_213121_zpsvqdjlxva.jpg

20160308_213953_zpsv7vf3nz0.jpg

20160308_214314_zpsrxugp8ao.jpg

Got my VP lockers swapped out for locked up rc FI spools and underdrive gears. There is zero slop. Just hope they stay like this after some abuse.

Awesome. I had FI's F/R in my Wraith, 15lb 1/6 scale. I don't thrash on my stuff but after 30+ packs it was like i just installed them. Super tuff to get in but a little heat and rubber mallet helped. I had more slop in my SLW's but then again they are aluminum. I have only tried Grip Fab spools and FI's and i see no reason to look elsewhere since they just plain flat out work.

Look forward to your thoughts after a few runs.

Awesome. I had FI's F/R in my Wraith, 15lb 1/6 scale. I don't thrash on my stuff but after 30+ packs it was like i just installed them. Super tuff to get in but a little heat and rubber mallet helped. I had more slop in my SLW's but then again they are aluminum. I have only tried Grip Fab spools and FI's and i see no reason to look elsewhere since they just plain flat out work.

Look forward to your thoughts after a few runs.

Thats good to hear FI spools stayed slop free, I can't stand slop. I will definitely post up about the lockers after some run time.

At my lhs, I tested brand new incision locker, holmes and hot racing lockers and they all had slop. FI is really the only option for a slop free locker."thumbsup"

Small update: I got some blue monkey 300M spools on there way finally, should be another option for a slop free locker.

BIG UPDATE: B1B IFS BOMBER!!! I have 98% of the parts, just one more package and I'm ready to install it all.

Current state, I've been staring at it like this for a few weeks now. So glad to finally get this going and getting it up running.

20160507_170532_zpsyy59il8j.jpg

Back