• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Yeti XL RTR Question

Smeagol

Hello,

I find that I get a loud "crunching" sound from the Yeti XL when it lands a jump. Any ideas what it is? Chassis slap or something else?

Here is an example Link

Last edited:
I checked both ring gears. There is a tiny bit of wear on the front but it is not causing any clicking noise when Yeti is moving. Would the noise in the video just be the driveline being jolted when the front tires set down on the ground?

I checked both ring gears. There is a tiny bit of wear on the front but it is not causing any clicking noise when Yeti is moving. Would the noise in the video just be the driveline being jolted when the front tires set down on the ground?
Find a tarmac/concrete surface and apply the brake, no jumping. It might be a little more clear where the noise is coming from, diff or anything else.

ive found that jumping my yxl kills the bearings it only takes one bad landing for them to explode
For everybody new on this forum: DO NOT USE THE ORIGINAL AXIAL BEARINGS. NEVER! EVER!!! It's one of the first thing you need to change at this rig!

Back