• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Yeti xl. Getting kit soon. Any help please

Thanks for info guys. Like I said I want to do it right and do it once. I don't however want to spend money I don't have to and that info let's me know I'm on the right path. Now to do some price comparisons. Cause per the tracking # my yeti xl will be delivered today.

The hobbywing quicrun and castle Mamba Monster both have internal becs that put out higher voltage than the RTR esc (ie sidewinder 8 )

The point of an external BEC is to increase voltage to the servo to get optimal performance.

That being said if you must choose a servo that performs on whatever voltage you apply.

I chose a servo that puts out 500oz torque on 6v so the Hobbywing is sufficient without an external BEC. I use a glicthbuster capacitor to keep the brown outs away.

Last edited:
Back