• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Yeti Jr. servo upgrade

Sugarfree85

I'm sure that most of you that have got your hands on one of the 1/18 yetis have noticed that the servo is weak. I am thinking that mine needs an upgrade. I'm pretty familiar with the 1/10 servos out there, but not really with 1/18 servos since I usually don't play in this realm.

I'm curious if anyone has upgraded their servo yet? If so, what servos are y'all running and what do you think about your servo of choice?

I went with a Hitec HS-85MG (basically double the torque of the stock servo) with a Losi aluminum servo horn. Fit perfectly and the stock link hooked right up without any issue. I do have a Mamba Micro X setup, though, so I'm not sure if any part of the stock ESC/receiver would be in the way. Upgrading servos seems to fry most of the original ESCs anyways, though.

There's a Yeti Jr. thread in this section that has all of the info you should need, so you might wanna check that out. Many different servos have been used successfully.

Back