• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

i made a set for my clod buster when i still had it....pain in my ass and my fingers hurt afterwords..but yes they do look kiss ass

Tell you what, shoot me an e-mail and I will take /send some pics . If you like what you see, I will create a word doc of instructions for you. Be warned this is a putsy project and even with the guidance I can provide you will still need to figure the sizing and final fitting part out for your specific application. Expect to spend at least 2.5 hours on this. Took me about 6 hours of prototyping (and several trips ACE) to develop a design that was "easy" alter for tire size and wouldn't catch on the steering parts and shock springs.
chrisn8schmoekel@aol.com

F.Y.I. might be a day before I get pics to you"thumbsup"

Crawl'n is about to blow up in Grand Rapids MI

For those who don’t know, there are two indoor R/C facilities in Grand Rapids.
They are : Battle Front Gaming and R/C www.battlefrontgaming.com. Aka. “BFG”.
And Rapid Competition R/C www.rapidcompetition.com.
Both of these facilities have threads going on the HobbyTalk.com Forum.
To find out about what’s going on look under the r/c rock crawling area.

The Rapid Competition plans are on hold for now but, that may change.
As far as Battle Front goes the construction kicked of last night and much progress was made. No rocks yet but 90% of the framing and layout has been done. The course is an irregular shape about 14x20 feet and is intended for 2.2 rigs. Mini crawlers are not being specifically considered in the construction but “run what you brung” will be in effect. The overall plan is to have the course open during most regular hours and comps will be held regularly (schedule pending) Rental crawlers will be available soon and talk of an outdoor area big enough for supers has been mentioned. Even rock racing may well be on the menu. Fees have been tossed around .....$5.00 per sesson or a $30.00 per month unlimited use, and possably some sort of additional yearly club due.....nothing final yet. Check the BFG site in a week or so.

Pics from BFG
P1010007.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

hey any one up for a little meeting at the Break wall in GH?
thinking about going sunday, times dont know yet. i think dave is going be there all weekend. i can only go on sunday. well hope to see some people there.

weekend GTG

well dont know who still watches this or what not but i think a couple of us are going to be in grand haven saturday and sunday. times are most likey people will start to show up at noon.

I can't make it, gotta work... and i'm grounded, something about kicking a hole in a wall that gets parents angry, weird eh?

So who was up in Grand Haven the last couple weekends?? Decent time? Pics?

Anyone up for this weekend 28th or 29th? I can only spare a couple hours, but would like to get out.
Grand Haven is cool. Or the cement pile in Zeeland got bigger over the winter.

I might be up for something this weekend, probably in Zeeland. I have an appointment with a realtor in Kalamazoo Saturday morning, don't know when I'll get back from that. If I don't gtg with you guys, I'll probably take the B4 to BFG on Sunday and do a little test and tune.

J, can you do Sunday afternoon, or does it need to be Sat?
Anyone else up for a 90min crash accross some broken concrete?

i would but i will be in sunning FL for a week on my spring break. wish i could take my crawler but i think the airport would have a hay day with it..lol cant wait to do some more crawling this spring.

I'm eager to get eather car out. Haven't ran the B4 except in my yard. I've done more work on the AX10, put 4WS back on, and put the batery over the front axle, so I want to get that out to. I say screw the responsabilities, lets go play."thumbsup"

J, not sure if you are going to run into BF and run there now.
I do not have enough time to spare for it this time. Sorry Nate.

If not, best time for me is Sunday, 1:30pm (+/-).
Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Dragging the kids to Grandparents in Arkansas for spring break. Prep work for that.
Basement is dry and clean, but needs put back together.
Need to get the new sump pump more permenantly installed. Might use the old pump (still works ..the pc of #$@$%$@#) as a secondary. Sitting on a sand half way into the sump, so if first fails, second kicks in.
Kids, yard, house, wife has report cards due........... life.

Looks like it's going to be rainy/snowy on Sunday. Saturday looks much better. My plans for Saturday might be falling through, so I might be able to do something eather day.

Yeah, rain/snow Sun. Sat is 48 and clouds, chance of rain later.

I got the reluctant thumbs up from the better half, if I keep it to 1-1/2hrs or less.

So 1:30ish Sat at the cement recyclers?
Hope they don't work Sats, we've always gone there on Sun. If you get there before me, check around.
Fallback place? Holland State Park the rocks are 3x3ft and larger with gaps, but could be semi-doable. We could drive to my house and jump in my wifes van. We want to buy a sticker for it anyway.

Sweli, sorry about all the I'll be there, no I won't, yes I will crap. I was able to do what I had to do over the phone rather than drive all the way to Portage.

I was able to get to BFG on Sunday with the B4, had a blast, man have I missed the 2WD buggy thing. I think I've got it set up for year round RC, rock crawling in the summer and Racing in the winter. "thumbsup"

Back