• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Finally got around to ordering some new shocks for the crawler. Once I get them and get the ride height set I am going to need new links since I want to stretch the wheelbase a bit. Question I have is do you guys build your own links or buy pre-made ones? If you make your own where can I get material locally to build them?

Finally got around to ordering some new shocks for the crawler. Once I get them and get the ride height set I am going to need new links since I want to stretch the wheelbase a bit. Question I have is do you guys build your own links or buy pre-made ones? If you make your own where can I get material locally to build them?

i normally i buy a bag of revo rod ends and the appropriate threaded rod at any home improvement store. you can reinforce the links by putting some sort of tubing over the threaded rod. i use 1/2" fuel line. there are better options but i haven't found anything better yet.

Your LHS should carry a few different rod ends.

Smaller, squarish ones work with M3 or 4-40 rod.
te033.jpg

Revo rod ends usually work with (6-32?) 8-32 and larger.
TRA5347-2T.jpg

Duratrax or associated makes nice rod ends too, that usually work with 6-32 or 8-32.
images

A quick rod cover is a Bic Pen sleeve. But steel is nicer.

Last edited:
Looking for some Black Axial Eight-Hole wheels for my SCX10. And possible the stock dual spring shocks. Pm or post
20131124_194153_resized.jpg

Rollin, rollin, rollin......

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386455138489.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386455138489.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 177
could use your guys opinion. im thinking about selling my little toyota. i dont really know what to put it up for. it has
-hand bros frame mount servo kit and pan hard.
-axial icon front shocks and 70mm(i think)king shocks on the rear.
-hot racing aluminum gear box with robinson racing internals.
-mip drive shafts.
-front axle has
axial over drive r/p, beef tubes, aluminum knucks/hubs, axial cvd's.
- rear axle is stock other then the dmg 4 link truss
-electronics are hitec hs-7954sh servo, novak rooster esc, integy 35t and factory axial 2.4 radio. (every thing is water proof)
-wheels and tires are 1.9 rock beasts on hot racing aluminum wheels with crawler inovations duel stage foams.
-front bumper is a 1:1 scale copy made by mg200
i was thinking $350-400 range. does that sound crazy?

Last edited:
Back