• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Speaking of that. I've been swamped at work. But if you still want me to mount those tires I can do it this weekend.

Ionia state land has an 8 mile mountain bike trail. Some good elevation changes. A few wet areas if we get enough rain.

Group shot from Ionia today. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374372767.557055.jpg
After this we went to Brian short's house and grilled out and hung out. Just got home.

Wow! That looks like it was fun!
So where are all of you posting up that you are meeting??

I go a reprieve next weekend from going to the mom-in-laws! Woohoo!
So I am open any time, anywhere Saturday!
Sunday til 1ish.
Anyone up for trying that shallow, winding stream in Grand River Park?

I found an artificial spot, out of the sun, near downtown Holland.
The whole family rode bikes down to the farmers market Sat. Under the new North River bridge is about a 10deg incline that is 30x50 with decent rocks.
I'll try and get a pic this week.

Jim, we could run rallies somewhere too, name it!

Face book. Mid Michigan crawlers. Closed group but they will ok you quickly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nothing to write home about, but it was fun finding some dusty lines for 45 minutes.
begusuju.jpg

Well, proline tsl superswampers will not mount up on rc4wd DC bead locks. This is a fact. I mounted my stock tires onto the DCs. Suppose I could glue the tsls onto the stock wheels but it would be nicer to find beadlocks that would hold them. At least I'm back in business.

ive heard of people having problems mounting proline tires to rc4wd wheels with the internal bead lock ring. there are some guys out there that have used 2 inch(?) pvc pipe as a replacement inner ring. (you have to make the inner ring somewhat smaller?) also using longer screws can help getting you started. i know its been a while but i do remember it being documented on this site for rc4wd's steel 1.9 wheels for the same reason. if you want to try other wheels go for normal bead lock wheels. there shouldn't be any issues then.

i wouldn't glue them unless you are desperate. it really kills the resale value on the tires.

Agree Jim, I won't be glueing anything. I like the tires so I'll take my time looking for a different wheel. In the mean time, I'll run the stock tires on the other wheels. So when do we wheel?

Non crawler project. Vxl rally. 1/16 size.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374719244535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374719244535.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 74
Back