• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

So I buy an scx10 rubicon. I can't seem to leave things alone and I don't know what I'm doing. So I buy a steering upgrade, New servo and alum horn. Not enough. So I go a step further and get a set of vanquish titanium links. Well they don't bolt up without a vanquish Currie rock jock front axle. So I buy that. After this is all installed I find that the ring gets flipped on the new axle and now the front turns in reverse while the rear turns forward. Sigh.... So I buy the vanquish rear axle only to find that the steering upgrade I purchased from axial won't work. Sigh.... So I get the vanquish steering and now everything should be great, right? Wrong. The stock wheels don't have enough negative offset to clear the high steer arms. So now it's 4 New wheels and tires. They should be here this week sometime. If after that this truck needs something else just to move steer etc, I'm going to give it to some unlucky person and make it their problem. So how was your week?

I'll take it off your hands Dewey!

Just a quick invite.
I plan on being at GH State Park Sunday around 9am to run the pier rocks with my sons.

Jk is still out of commission, so I'll have 4 1.9s to run. Couple of them don't like the sand but oh we'll.

If anyone was planning on it (doubt it), our time has slipped to 10am.
Couple things to fix so we have a choice of rigs to run.

Well we crawled for an hour and a half and had a great time.
The park was crazy busy! Almost did not get a parking spot. Even the big park lot was full.

Boys did great!!

Last edited:
The only spare I have is an older JR servo. Cannot remember the model. Has over 300 oz of torque.
Has been sprayed with plastidip.

Works, but it constantly buzzes.

I bought a group of speed controls off someone and now have a spare Rooster Crawler Ed for sale if someone wants it locally.
I'll tested out to make sure it all works.
$35?

So the chassis for the new project came in today. Haven't been home to open it yet. But here are the pics from rcc. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372793272.935992.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372793282.775097.jpg

Couple of pics. Finally got to opening it. Cane with chassis. Body. Servo. Shocks if some kind. Links and receiver box. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372846817.302674.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372846833.668958.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372846852.782865.jpg
And. The shoes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372846878.584504.jpg

That's sweet Tinner! I looked at his ad three times but told myself no. Glad you scooped it!!
Those are big shoes! Where does Axial track put them?

Back