• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

I wil be at diggerville sat & sun come on out if you like maybe some of the guys that came out I will see if would like to come back sun "thumbsup"

Mid-Michigan Crawlers Top Truck Challenge Rules and Information

Please understand the rules of our TTC. The closer they are followed, the smoother everything will go. If something doesn't make sense please alert me so we can knock it straight. Please use good judgment, and HAVE FUN! That’s what it’s all about, right?!?

Rig rules
• First off, waterproof your truck. Mud and water will be on most, if not all obstacles.
• Trucks must be scale as possible. A rear tow point is required. There are two classes, Scaler and Open. The open class permits the use of ANY chassis with a maximum tire size of 2.2. The scaler class permits only the use of scale frames such as scx-10 or TF2 or similar. The maximum tire size for scaler class is 1.9.
• Modified tires are allowed.
• With the exception of battery and winch, trucks must remain in entry condition throughout. Trucks may be repaired in between runs but may not be modified. No swapping components.
• Multiple axles ARE allowed.
• A single driver may operate a maximum of two rigs that will be scored separately.

Course Rules
• Each driver will be allowed to inspect the course without running it.
• Each driver will run one by one. Order will be determined randomly out of a hat.
• Each driver will be timed from start to finish.
• If a rig TOUCHES a marker boundary they will receive a time penalty of 1 second.
• If a rig CROSSES a marker or boundary they will receive a DNF for that course segment.
• If a rig flips over or becomes stuck they will be corrected by a judge and receive a 10 second penalty.
• Winching is only allowed off a solid object. (Not off of a shoe or another rig etc.)
RIGS MAY ONLY BE TOUCHED BY A JUDGE DURING RUNS.

Segments
• Event One: Obstacle Course: A snaking course featuring rocks, light mud, logs and tight corners. Judged by time. Winching is ALLOWED.
• Event Two: Hill Climb: A hill climb, lol. Judged by time. Winching is NOT ALLOWED.
• Event Three: Truck Pull: A progressive sled loaded with weight, to be pulled as far as you can. The distance will remain fixed, and will be scored like a real truck pull. Winching is NOT ALLOWED.
• Event Four: Mud Bog: A straight strip much like the obstacle course but containing much more mud and water. Judged by distance. Winching is NOT ALLOWED, you may remove your winch for this event only if you so choose.

Let me know if your interested.this is not a huge event so I'm told. But playin in the mud. And a chance to add to the friend list. And bragging rights are fun too.

Last edited:
Our contest isn't anything to be taken too seriously. It's just a group of guys getting together for a laid back afternoon of friendly competition. I just don't want some of you to come clear across the state and be disappointed. This is only the second time our little group has ever had one of these, and this year I made it completely different, lol. So if you're interested, come on down to our neck of the woods. Everyone is welcome. If you have any questions regarding our TTC, E-mail me @ sundayface6@gmail.com or find us on facebook "Mid-Michigan Crawlers" and ask to join. See you in August!

this is going to take some getting used to...

before:
0623131332_zps8f3bc29e.jpg

after:
dusty new body:mrgreen:
0623131352_zps8544fb37.jpg

Does anyone have a Hitec servo programmer?
Stock, out of the box, Hitecs come with 90deg of swing. Looking for 120-130 on two rigs.
They are $29 shipped on Fleabay.
On the new Jeepster build, I cannot put a longer arm on to get the desired throw.

Jim,
Get the new green machine out next weekend, we'll help you beat the body up!!

Well, Jim, I know you will do with whatever you set your mind too. Hell... if you can setup a Brat... you can do anything. :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

So I buy an scx10 rubicon. I can't seem to leave things alone and I don't know what I'm doing. So I buy a steering upgrade, New servo and alum horn. Not enough. So I go a step further and get a set of vanquish titanium links. Well they don't bolt up without a vanquish Currie rock jock front axle. So I buy that. After this is all installed I find that the ring gets flipped on the new axle and now the front turns in reverse while the rear turns forward. Sigh.... So I buy the vanquish rear axle only to find that the steering upgrade I purchased from axial won't work. Sigh.... So I get the vanquish steering and now everything should be great, right? Wrong. The stock wheels don't have enough negative offset to clear the high steer arms. So now it's 4 New wheels and tires. They should be here this week sometime. If after that this truck needs something else just to move steer etc, I'm going to give it to some unlucky person and make it their problem. So how was your week?

Back