• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What RC parts have you 3D Printed????

Finished the Coke machine...

312ef0fa14badbdd342c45d2c5cbdb9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nice! Congrats. Which printer did you get?

Ender 3 Pro.

Printed some tail light buckets for my 10.2 Cherokee body.
Have an issue with bubbles under the magnetic sticker on the print bed though :evil: Also working out some warping/adhesion issues. The dog test print worked fine but, the buckets took a couple tries and I still had some warping. Luckily they won't be visible.

Ender 3 Pro.

Printed some tail light buckets for my 10.2 Cherokee body.
Have an issue with bubbles under the magnetic sticker on the print bed though :evil: Also working out some warping/adhesion issues. The dog test print worked fine but, the buckets took a couple tries and I still had some warping. Luckily they won't be visible.

Nice! What type of filament?

I use PLA+ or Pro. They have a bit higher hot end temp (215/55) I do a slow first three layers to get good adhesion. Then speed up a little. No cooling fan. With regular PLA I typically do 190/55. I feel like PLA+ is slightly stronger. In my experience the first layers are critical. I also use a .172-.2mm feeler gauge to set my print head. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use PLA+ or Pro. They have a bit higher hot end temp (215/55) I do a slow first three layers to get good adhesion. Then speed up a little. No cooling fan. With regular PLA I typically do 190/55. I feel like PLA+ is slightly stronger. In my experience the first layers are critical. I also use a .172-.2mm feeler gauge to set my print head. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips. I'm still learning and experimenting to see what works. "thumbsup"

I've been printing this cab over the last few months and will most likely follow on with the bed later. Depends on how I use it. Probably more on this later to come....

1.2mm layer height, IC3D ABS, Sovol SV01

15844058859090.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I've been printing this cab over the last few months and will most likely follow on with the bed later. Depends on how I use it. Probably more on this later to come....

1.2mm layer height, IC3D ABS, Sovol SV01

15844058859090.jpg

nice! "thumbsup"
So far, I have done, some inner fender liners and started on an interior (dash, front and rear seats). Also did some tail light buckets. Got the files to do a Tacoma body but, want to work out printer settings a bit more before I start on it.

nice! "thumbsup"
So far, I have done, some inner fender liners and started on an interior (dash, front and rear seats). Also did some tail light buckets. Got the files to do a Tacoma body but, want to work out printer settings a bit more before I start on it.
Thanks. Yesterday was milestone getting the grill to print without failing. I've had to implement varied printing strategies from adding rigid supports in the slicer to pulling the stl in CAD and adding supports in key places. The hood was by far the most difficult. The secret was adding heat source in key locations.

Thanks. Yesterday was milestone getting the grill to print without failing. I've had to implement varied printing strategies from adding rigid supports in the slicer to pulling the stl in CAD and adding supports in key places. The hood was by far the most difficult. The secret was adding heat source in key locations.

What do you mean by adding heat source in key locations?

What do you mean by adding heat source in key locations?

I know it looks like a bit much but I use an infrared heatlamp and a ceramic heating element to keep as much heat into ABS as possible. I have another ceramic heater on hand if I need it for the other side. This is all in lieu of building an enclosure. I'm not keen on putting the electronics in a box to heat with part being printed. The hot-end stepper and fans get the worse of it, but these are easy to fix/replace should there be a failure.

15844918658750.jpg

I like ABS. It glues easy, sands easy, paints easy, great thermal resistance and durable. It's an f'er to print large parts cleanly. Scuffed Kapton tape and bed adhesion is beautiful.... with the extra heat to control warp

Last edited:
Back