• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Welcome To Marwen - 1:6 scale movie!

I have always wanted to make a custom 1:6 scale figure of myself. Modern navy uniform (blue or green camo?). Maybe optional "topside rover" accessories so I dont look helpless lol plated vest, web belt with a loadout of oc spray, collapsable baton, 9mm mags x2, m4 mags x2 and the appropriate weapons to go with those mags. Oh and a left dropleg holster for the m9.
Could be fun.
Not sure what head I would use. I know there are companies that will 3d print one from a few reference pics but I have seen examples that just dont look right.
* actually huffer your blonde dudebro on the left could pass for me. I have longer brown hair combed back but it's close in the face.

I did make a custom of myself in 4 inch gi joe scale (1:18 iirc). Old school utilities uniform. Used shipwreck as a base, naturally. If I find what box its in I will post pics.
I need to make a Marvel legends 1:12 scale custom of myself too.
Oh and better yet a 1:10 version ;)

Last edited:
Google has clearly been tracking my searches of 1/6 scale vehicles and has been advertising Marwen to me, then I remembered this thread. I know it bombed big time in theaters, but how was it for the scale nerds that call this place home? Is it too violent for my 5 and 8 year old rc fanatics to watch?

It's not at all too graphic nor violent for your kids to watch... especially if they ride the bus to public school. I think that they did a good job in playing down the violence of the attack and in fact there really isn't much more depicted in the movie than in either of the trailers. I'd suffice it to say that if they have watched ( or might watch) the trailers without issue then they are good to go at the theater. I'll also say real quick that there is a lot less RC related stuff in this movie than what I thought and that it could've been made better. That aside, I think that Steve's performance was fantastic.

NPR did an awesome documentary on him a few years ago

Been a big fan ever since

Somehow, some way - and as a complimentary thing to say - I feel like I can sort of relate to him - not in every way, of course

But yeah, this will be a flik I'll watch as soon as I can

Man this movie came out during a huge blockbuster season, and because of that it was hardly a blip on anyone's radar, myself included.
Granted, its pretty hard for me to make it to a movie at all these days.
I think the only movies I saw in theaters for 2018 was grinch and venom.

I really do still want to see it though. And its a shame it bombed in theaters.

Back