• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Venture SBK - Scale Builder Kit

Repeat after me "It's worth waiting for". Because it is.

Even if I had bought an RTR, I would have stripped it down and done similar to what I am doing now. That would have meant unused, unwanted stuff laying around and selling RTR electrics is no fun.

Indeed! I know it is, I've seen how well they perform with very little done to them.

Maybe I'll name my rig after a mythical beast of some sort because do they really exist?

Damn, do we really have to resort to importing our own kits.

I'm gonna try to forget that I've got one on order and maybe it will surprise me when it arrives.

You might just have that happen.

After a long talk with with a customer service rep they were able to tell me that the US shipment is NOT even loaded yet over seas:roll: Slow boat from China to US and 3 weeks on dock in the US ship to distributors who will ship to LHS and other retailers and yep looking like Christmas of next year to me :shock:

I'm am so surprised you guys haven't got this kit before the UK. I wonder if HPI underestimated the demand somehow? Only guessing as a big company like them should have their act together.

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if they didn't want to ship anything to the US until they had sufficient stock rather than shipping over what they had and have it immediately sell out leaving people complaining that they aren't able to keep up with demand.

The eBay link.

My estimated delivery date is between 3/18 and 4/15. That's still probably faster than my local HobbyTown would get any in.

That's is probably a true statement I don't think that you will see them in the US till May but that's just a guess

Owner of the company I work for is helping me out with a UK one being that is where he lives.

It must suck for you guys. Also I want to see what other people do with their kits. It's like when the Ascender came out and people did some amazing stuff. Just slower lol.

BTW I have ordered stuff from Taiwan and China and it often come pretty fast, so hope it's not too long a wait.

Last edited:
I got a FedEx notification that it has shipped and is scheduled to be delivered on 3/12. 5 days from Taiwan to GA is not too shabby.

I got a FedEx notification that it has shipped and is scheduled to be delivered on 3/12. 5 days from Taiwan to GA is not too shabby.

I hope its the SBK, the item specifics are sketchy AF. Thunder tiger and Savage flux are also mentioned.

Please report back. If its correct, I may order one

The photos show the Venture SBK. In the UK that would be enough to be considered a description. Whether that would apply elsewhere is another thing maybe.

I'm not worried. It has the HPI part number and all of the pictures are the SBK. He also has good feedback. I did check to make sure his feedback wasn't full of people complaining about not getting what they paid for.

Good news. Now there are at least 2 of us. Hope it's a good build. Got any body and electrics ideas?

Last edited:
Good news. Now there are at least 2 of us. Hope it's a good build. Got any body and electrics ideas?

I picked up the Pro-Line Power Wagon body. For now, I'll recycle some electronics. I'll probably throw in one of my 35T motors with a Sidewinder 3 ESC and a cheap 25KG servo.

Cool. I have a choce of esc. Either a 1080 or on older MMP. I'm tending towards the MMP as I could run brushless at a later date. Also I think it's more adjustable than the 1080.

Last edited:
I'm 100% certain I'll end up brushless. I have the parts laying around for a brushed setup which is why I'm starting there.

Back