• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Venture SBK - Scale Builder Kit

Wrong part included in the servo saver bag. Got two horns, one of which doesn't seem to belong in the kit. Unfortunately, the opposite half of the correct horn to complete the servo saver was not in the bag. So there is that to deal with now.

The build continues...

That's a bummer, but I immediately switched to a servo horn. Servo savers don't belong on scalers.

For those who don't have the SBK I found the last page of the manual very interesting looks like some nice stuff coming but who knows when
2abf2fdb8a2bca6897329304b7d2f19a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never looked at that part of the manual :oops:

Shock upgrades and spring set have got my interest.

Seach of HPI website and nothing found. :cry:

I never looked at that part of the manual :oops:

Shock upgrades and spring set have got my interest.

Seach of HPI website and nothing found. :cry:

I was interested in the steel drive shafts.

You are correct no information on HPI website...so I guess we will see these around Christmas time :roll:

So when exactly is this kit going to actually be released?

Some kits have trickled into the states. Some have gotten theirs from the pre order. The last I knew though was mid to late April for the release.

Some have ordered from Taiwan and received their kit within a week on free shipping and $200 for the kit. That is the same price as it is going to sale for here so really not a bad deal

The kit looks epic, but I have a hard time with pre-ordering (one to many bad experiences in that department), and I am hesitant to order a kit like this straight from China/Taiwan (the last time this happened, I couldn't understand the instructions/users manual at all)

The kit looks epic, but I have a hard time with pre-ordering (one to many bad experiences in that department), and I am hesitant to order a kit like this straight from China/Taiwan (the last time this happened, I couldn't understand the instructions/users manual at all)

The paper manual might be English anyway. There also is a downloadable file on HPI's site.

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/instructions/117255

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I've bought this kit and I'm a super noob, and was wondering if someone could help me with an inexpensive brushless ESC/motor combo? I have a few 2S batteries I'd like to use. Thank you!

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I've bought this kit and I'm a super noob, and was wondering if someone could help me with an inexpensive brushless ESC/motor combo? I have a few 2S batteries I'd like to use. Thank you!

If you're stuck with running 2S (everyone will of course recommend 3S) than you'll probably want a 27turn brushed motor. For inexpensive, pretty well any 540 sized 27 turn will do. I can't remember if you can squeeze a 550 sized motor in.

If you can't easily find a 27T, a 35T would be ok but it might feel a bit slow on 2S.

For an esc, the go-to affordable options are either the Hobbywing 1060 or 1080, the 1080 is a bit better but the 1060 is totally adequate.

And you'll want consider an external BEC. Any of the affordable (and most of the expensive) esc's don't offer enough amperage from their onboard BEC and your steering performance will suffer.

A 550 sized motor will fit in a stock Venture. I ran the Traxxas 21t Titan motor in mine. I ran it off the stock ESC on a 2S battery, and I never felt like I needed more wheelspeed. It stayed pretty cool too.

Back