• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Vanquish Products Hurtz dig shifter issue & the fix.

WIDELOAD

Rock Crawler
Hey Folks, I though i would post this in here to get maximum exposure.
If a mod wants to move it to a different section, go for it.

A while ago there was a thread posted up about the shifter arm on the Vanquish Products dig wearing and causing engagement issues.
In that thread there were a few different ways to fix it were discussed and i finally got off my arse and did something about it today.
I cant find the thread for the life of me otherwise i would have posted this in there.:x

Now, this thread is not designed as a bash or total replacement for VP's parts & service..Only another option to fix it. VP does sell replacement arms on their site, so if you want to support a absolutely wicked company & RCC vendor, buy one of theirs."thumbsup"
But, if (like me) you are broke ass, have the tools and a bit of time to burn this is the way to do it.
I've got almost 2years worth of hard beating & comp work on this dig and this is the only issue i have ever had with it. "thumbsup"

On to the pics.8)

You can see the wear on the side of the shift pin.
1.jpg

M2x6mm long screw & bearing. The bearing is a front wheel bearing out of a Losi Micro T & is 2mmID x 5mmOD x 2.5mm.
2.jpg

You can see its close to the same Dia as the stock shifter pin & is slightly thinner
4.jpg

5.jpg

Center punched & drilled the stock pin with a 1.5mm bit:
6.jpg

Tap to M2:
7.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited:
Part 2.

Now i left the stock pin on until after i tapped the hole to make sure the hole was square and the threads were clean the hole way down.

Cut off stock pin & file it almost flush. I didn't measure how much was left but it was less that 0.001mm.:
10.jpg

Bolt it all together.
11.jpg

12.jpg

Back side, screw sits flush.
13.jpg

Now me being the dumbass i am didnt actually check to see if the bearing fitted in the slot of the slide dog. I went off the top of my head.

So guess what..it didnt fit.

OD of bearing:
14.jpg

Inside of slide dog:
15.jpg

After i bit of swearing i figured out if i used an old integy shaft for a AX-10 as i jig. I could fit the slide dog in my lathe & file it out to make the bearing fit.
16.jpg

Filed out (i know that there is a 0.03mm difference between above pics & this one, but it fits):
17.jpg

Last step i had to do was knock about 0.1mm off the head of the screw to make sure it fitted in the slide dog properly. You can file the slot in the slide dog deeper, as their is 2-3mm of meat..I just couldnt be arsed going into the shed again.:
18.jpg

Done:
19.jpg

Works like a charm...I've had to turn my EPA's down on the dig servo as the clearances are less than stock, but other than that there is no real difference.

Hope it helps anybody that wants to have a crack at it and has the gear lying around to do it.

Cheers, Troy.

Last edited:
Back