• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Twin Hammers Shift Servo Setup Instructions from Horizon

So this is my first car with 2 speeds and I wouldnt say I am a novice but I have never really messed with EPA's on a servo. I just ran 1 pack through it since I got it. Have all these adjustments been fixed in the factory since the initial release of this car or is this something I still have to open up and check?

Thx for the sticky. It took me a bit to figure out adapting the guide to this dx4c I am using on my kit build. I am hopeful with my endpoints properly set that my mini servo will live to see old age."thumbsup"

how do I shift gears? Just out of box and charged it up and there is a buzzing always.
This is what I have experienced with my new twin hammers v2 and now after two packs my servo makes an engaging buzzings noise trying to turn the linkage I think, as I try to engage the hi-lo range but it won't move the linkage and from the first time powered up it buzzed. How do tell if it is the servo or the transmission locked up with a stripped gear or something? Vaterra is telling me to tear the transmiision apart to inspect for possible damage, I don't really want to do this being it's brand new an I am a rookie at all of this. What to do?

sadly I don't have endpoint settings for my third channel on my transmitter (it's either on or off). Guess I'll have to figure something out with a pullrod with some springs or something.

You mean most advanced RTR vehicle. IMO any RC with a two speed transmission or dig unit that uses mini sized servo's are for experienced users. I think Vaterra should have released two versions of the Twin Hammers, one for someone who is new to RC with the shift linkage locked into either 1st or 2nd gear and then when they feel they are ready to install the shift servo (standard size) they can upgrade. And the second version the same as the current Twin Hammers only with a standard size shift servo and not the mini. I think that would have eliminated a lot of frustration for the newbs to RC.

Look at Traxxas vehicles with two speeds (Emaxx), they use standard size servos for shifting and they are damn near idiot proof.

the kit version comes with spacer so you can fix the tran to either high or low gear. this can be done in your rtr with a small spacer. Simple searches or viewing of the instructions for the kit version will give you details of spacer size etc. If you cant take your rig apart to do this then you shouldn't own the rig. Part of the hobby is to repair and modify as required

I shift when the car is slowing down, at low speed, finger of the throttle, NOT when giving throttle. Shifts every time spot on!

Back