• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TRX4 with Axial Cherokee sport body

triafgg

Built the premium kit and fitted the old body from the SCX10 2, always liked this body so decided to get one for the TRX4. It came out OK but as this is my first body I learnt a lot of things so next one will be better. No flaming please from you experienced guys :)

Upgrades are Tenshock 1750kv RC906 6 pole motor, really powerful and smooth startup.
Quickrun 10BL60 WP brushless ESC.
Knuckle weights
Alu front bumper mount
3D printed, Front bumper, Magnetic mounts, Low CG battery tray, light control box and roof light bar
GRC Aluminum Rear C-Hubs which mount the suspension on the hub so better for side hilling
Magnet and velcro body fixing
I built the light controller with an arduino and bluetooth module and some relays so lights are operated from a BT app on my phone. Building a DIY winch with a strong motor which will also be BT controlled from this box, those Ebay ones seem so puny. The box is quite big and visible if you look inside but nowhere else to put the electronics and keep dry, will disguise it with an interior later.
Front lights are 12v 5mm LEDs
Beadlock wheels with +3mm hex for clearance with the knuckle weights
Not convinced with the stickers, might remove them.

Lights even work underwater

Had to get it dirty, was looking too new

Last edited:
As far as I can tell from the pictures, you did a great job on your first body!

I like the fairly low profile front bumper too. I would have put a radius on the front edge to match the grille a little better, but nice none the less.

The Axial Cherokee body is a very nice fit on the TRX4 chassis.

41712281_2025884030807076_5518115123668975616_o.jpg

Last edited:
They could almost be twins:ror:

Added a Savox 1210SG as the stock one was straining, much stronger but noisy as hell. Wired it from the Castle BEC for 7.4v.
Lowered the body to make it look more realistic. Tinted the front door windows but went too dark really, wanted the back ones blacked out so that's OK.

Put the stock tyres on but not as good as the Deep Woods, maybe better when worn in a bit.

And added a wild Willy driver.

Printed off another Wild Willy and put him on the correct side, trouble is the scale is wrong so looks like a kid driving:oops:
I need to print another scaled up a bit.

Last edited:
Made a winch using a 12v 30 RPM geared motor. Made the mounts and spool on my 3D printer. It's controlled using a bluetooth app on my phone and the Arduino Nano in the controll box that also controls the lights.

Here is a video of it pulling against the drag brake, seems very powerful so should pull me out of the mud.

https://youtu.be/cgXTaWlAZGg

Here's the operation

https://youtu.be/rPuzIOR9-0k

Last edited:
Added a few scale items, sand ladders, oil drum, jerry cans, fire extinguisher roll mats, bungee and metal hook for winch.

Also swapped out the tranny for a Radiolink RC6GS, fantastic radio with enough channels to give me locker combinations of front, rear, both or all unlocked with another channel for 2 speed. Also swapped out the Arduino and BT module for a key fob controlling the relays for winch and lights. Easier to click a button than enter keys on phone.

Back