• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trx4 axles used on builds

trascall10

So, I have been wondering whether or not I can make a TRX4 axle work on my bomber. I love the clearance I get in my TRX4 and the crawling scene in Hawaii is all about 1.9 class rigs, almost all gates on all courses are too narrow for the larger rigs. Has anyone put a portal from a TRX4 on any other rig yet. Does anyone know how to make a TRX4 axle fully locked without having the extra parts for making them lockable? Just questions I have.

To lock them is simple. M6 shims to take up the space for the locking spline. I did with mine using a nylon shim for a tap and a diff shim. I've wondered this too but for running a front lockable diff in the Bomber for better high speed handling.

There are a few issues:

The Axial axles are near 3:1 ratio, while the Traxxas is 7:1. Just putting them on your Bomber will be super slow.

The next is there is no current method to mount a servo on the steer axle. I'm sure that might change or you could make one.

Would the TRX4 axles narrow the track or width of the Bomber? I don't have one but holding my yeti axle up to the TRX it sticks way out there and I think they are similar design ar60?

I went ahead and built this a while back. Trx4 axles all brassed up. LURC with the wheels, Castle 4600kv sensored to overcome the 50% reduction of the portals. #Wrx4 It is already a proven winner in the #808RockRace series. a little tippier than I like though.
ccabc7fb4979ec23571629cbaf9a79ff.jpg
af84ee2e645772436ccf2050486ca482.jpg
f01ab263eb8860a62075fa9d90d3ce01.jpg
3fa890607bd53cc75eb0adc196ffd7b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trascall10 awesome rig!!.... interested in building one like it with rear steer also!!!

what pinion and spur gear are you running???

single speed wraith trans?

Do your axles have the selectable locking diff?

Back