• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TRUGYOTA!! Yes another F@*! Hilux Truggy :-D

Z0MB13

Pebble Pounder
Well after the ECSC of 2015 in New Castle P.A. I got the itch to build my first truggy. Started out with an old SCX 10 Frame I had kicking around. Bought the new SSD Scale axles "thumbsup" . The differences is that i'm making the tuber part of the truggy out of stainless steel inconel 718 tubing. It super light weight and is very strong. On that note. I hope it doesn't suck. :-D

Now that I have the cab where I want it. Its time to start cutting up the rear of the frame.

3M tape is my friend!

This is all being done by gas tungsten arc welding. Its what I do :-D At the moment I'm just tack welding everything into place and will finish up the welds later on.

Thats it for now until I get more parts made and in the mail. I hope you like it.

Last edited:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4SOEykLsjY[/URL]

The GCM motor plate dual servo and transfercase combo

Hopefully my kit will be here soon! "thumbsup"
20151024_153546.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
It's lookin great! That rear stinger should help save you from turning turtle if it falls back on a steep climb.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

I decided to use parts of the hacked off frame to make the rear shock mounts. thats all I have for now.
20151028_223257.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just a quick update. I finished welding up the cage in the back. I got my tracking # from GCMRacing and hopefully soon I can do more work on the front half. :-D

I started the body filling and painting. Its not going to stay black but at least its not the white plastic anymore.

We doing a custom "drz" light and winch controller for this?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Why of course drzoo. I have a 6" light bar coming for the front

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well got the body kind of finished and now I'm looking at the drive line and well lighting :-D I just have the lightbar wedged in there for looks.

:evil:

Last edited:
At the moment it's just the stock SCX 10 knuckles and c-hubs. I'm using the Panhard SSD bracket that comes with the SSD axles housing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back