• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Traxxas k10 body wheelbase

thegodofclod

Rock Stacker
I tried searching but, nothing has been posted on it.

Basically, I am trying to figure out the wheelbase of the traxxas k10 body. I'd like to put it on a 12.8" wheelbase trx but I'm not sure if I'll need the little extension plate that traxxas installs on the k10 kit for the rear links. Does anybody have the k10 kit that can do a quick measurement?

The chassis rails are unique to the K10 - TRA9229 Chassis Rails 480mm (Steel) (Left & Right) vs standard TRA8220 448mm Chassis Rails.

13.2" that's funny I Googled this just the other day.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

That's the chassis wheelbase. The body's wheelwells are not centered over the tires so I was looking for someone who has the body to the measure the actual wheelbase at the wheelwells.

The chassis rails are unique to the K10 - TRA9229 Chassis Rails 480mm (Steel) (Left & Right) vs standard TRA8220 448mm Chassis Rails.

I'm thinking they did that to accommodate the rear bumper and the bed length. The .4" difference is in the little extension piece at the rear of the skid plate.

Hope this pic works
6d85756f85d61e02631378758d16e8ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Since all of you titans of industry couldn't help me out, I went and bought a k10 just to try the body on a 12.8" chassis. :flipoff:

Conclusion: You will need the frame rails, extension and fenders. to make it work but, it WILL work. I measured the body and the wheelbase is shy of 13". Now every K10 owner will measure their junk just to tell me I'm wrong. :roll:

I will say, someone at Traxxas doesn't know how to take measurements. My Defender chassis isn't 12.8" Its more like 12 5/8". The k10 chassis wheelbase is over 13 3/8" This is why I never rely on website info. The extension is 1/2" or 13mm. so that part will be necessary to convert.

Pics because it did happen...

what about playing with rod ends (jato or similar) for you to achieve the wheelbase ... you could perhaps check if fliping the wheel wells might give you the correct spot for the shocks not to be angled if you dont like them laying down.

I suppose if you didnt want to get the chassis or fenders that could work. I think the $10 extension plate #9237 would push the wheelbase back enough to not need much link adjustment. Any aftetmarket shock tower could be used for setting up the angle. Without the fenders, you'll need body posts though which I feel defeats my purpose.

I just bought the k10 body and framerails and chassis parts from jennysrc to convert my k5 blazer to the k10 pickup. I hope to get the conversion done this weekend. I just couldnt see spending another $600 for a k10. Plus I"m not a fan of the extra lift and 2.2's so I'll be running stock tires and rallys on mine...hopefully will have pics soon!

I just bought the k10 body and framerails and chassis parts from jennysrc to convert my k5 blazer to the k10 pickup. I hope to get the conversion done this weekend. I just couldnt see spending another $600 for a k10. Plus I"m not a fan of the extra lift and 2.2's so I'll be running stock tires and rallys on mine...hopefully will have pics soon!

So I just finished deleting the lift on my k10. The front links were swapped to stock and lined up just fine. For the rear wheelbase I had to keep the lift kit links and use a combination of stock trx4 rod ends on one end and the lift kit extended rod ends on the other. The ext rod ends are 5mm longer. You may be able to get away with the chassis extension plate and defender rear links since they are about 4mm shorter then the stock rear lift kit links on the k10. I had to pull out 5mm to get the rear axle lined up but, 4mm would work just fine.

Here is how mine looks so far. I have a ton of stuff to do it still but, I'm way happier with the height and 1.9s.

The TRX4 K10 High Trail has a 336mm/13.2" factory wheel base and Traxxas sells part number #9237 which is a mount extension for the chassis center skid plate that moves the rear link mount points aft by 12mm and allows you to use the stock wheel base 324mm/12.8 rear links. Also, the frame rails are 38mm longer than the stock rails.

Last edited:
Back