• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Traxxas 6590 (High-Voltage Power Amplifier) with non Traxxas ESC

BrentR01

Hi guys, long time lurker first time posting.

I have a Traxxas 6590 High-Voltage Power Amplifier for a Traxxas light kit. It has an 8 pin connector that is supposed to plug into the Traxxas VXL-4s, VXL-6s, or VXL-8s esc.

I have a Mamba Monster X ESC so unfortunately this isn't an option for me.

I'm looking for any kind of solution that doesn't require purchasing a new light kit.

Possibly an alternative power supply with an 8 pin connector?

I've seen the RC4WD controller but it is only rated for up to 3s lipo's. I will be primarily using 4s, so I don't believe that will work.
8485-LED-lights-plugging-in-IMG_9496.jpg

Hi guys, long time lurker first time posting.

I have a Traxxas 6590 High-Voltage Power Amplifier for a Traxxas light kit. It has an 8 pin connector that is supposed to plug into the Traxxas VXL-4s, VXL-6s, or VXL-8s esc.

I have a Mamba Monster X ESC so unfortunately this isn't an option for me.

I'm looking for any kind of solution that doesn't require purchasing a new light kit.

Possibly an alternative power supply with an 8 pin connector?

I've seen the RC4WD controller but it is only rated for up to 3s lipo's. I will be primarily using 4s, so I don't believe that will work.
8485-LED-lights-plugging-in-IMG_9496.jpg
I think the amplifier also act as a controller so even if you plug it to the mamba X, it won't be able to recognize it for the signal.

Find out the voltage required for your lights and purchase a light controller from HeyOK. Then you can provide either direct battery voltage or the voltage required from a BEC and have on/off capability from your radio.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back