• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Total Newbie Here...

ZakyJ

Hey everyone, My name is Zach. I've been looking for a cheap crawler to get my foot in the door with the RC hobby. A few days ago i picked up a Integy I-Rock AFA01, (not really knowing what i was getting into) for 120 bucks, including the controller, a peak charger and he also threw in 3 LiPOs as well. Its pretty much completely stock, except for different wheels.

I knew it wasnt going to be a very great crawler, but for 120 bucks and that much other free crap, i could afford to do a few upgrades.

My questions so far... where should i start replacing parts on this thing to bring its performance up. I think the gears in the rear axle are already FUBAR because there is a weird grinding noise every few seconds when running it, would that be the gears even if it still is running? Another issue i've noticed is that, it seems that my front right wheel is spinning stronger/faster than the rest of them. Anyone know why this might be happening?

I'm def not planning on trying to make this a comp rig obviously, but just want to start getting into the crawling/rc world.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully passed down as i learn more.

Back