• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TorqueMaster BR-XL Big Brushed Power!

BRSL won't be made again, but I think we may have a few units here left over. The BR mini is going through a hardware change that will put it on the same power level as the BRSL was.

John if you still have a few I would like 3 of the BRSL's. What changes are being made to the mini? I run the mini in my sporty and pro rigs. Sporty seems to be great but I get some sort of glitch from my rear esc in my pro. It will at random times (locked or not) just give the rear motor alittle throttle for no reason. Another guy in the WARCRC club has the same issue. Have you heard of this before?

Send an email through the site and Jonathan can get you set up. Hardware changes are quite complicated, not something I can easily explain except that it is increasing the system efficiency.

I've seen that glitch before on radios where the trim of ch2 doesn't affect the trim of mixed ch3. When the throttle POT drifts a bit, ch3 gets touchier. Try adjusting the trim on that channel away from whichever direction it is going in neutral. You should be able to dial it out without making the ESCs start up differently, but it depends on how your radio reacts to mixing, trims, and subtrims.

Need to troubleshoot a BR-SL. Is there a comprehensive list of LED indications? I looked on the HH "Latest Instructions" but didn't find an LED troubleshooting list.

Last edited:
Great,, where I can buy it??? hou muc is it???
o.png

I just purchased the brxl water proof and tourqemaster pro 35t motor and curious what gauge wire I should use on the motor? Thanks

Yes it does. Im asking about what guage wire I should solder to the motor leads and solder male bullet connectors to so I can plug it in the connectors on the esc.

Will the new BR minis have a switched BEC or are you sticking with the linear?

Linear for the minis. It was the only way we could shrink the size down, the switched BEC takes up a huge amount of real estate. The inductor alone is thicker than a mini!

Is it possible to run two motors off the brxl and get full performance from both motors if u run them parallel

Yes, run them in parallel for best performance.

I just purchased the brxl water proof and tourqemaster pro 35t motor and curious what gauge wire I should use on the motor? Thanks

I typically use 13g or solder the bullet plug direct to the motor tab.

Great,, where I can buy it??? hou muc is it???

You can purchase at HolmesHobbies.com or many online and storefront retailers. Ask your local hobby shop or search google for a plethora of options.

Trying to tune new elecs.. Using castle link
Hh brxl, crawl master 13t.

When in "passive brake" it's almost no drag break whatso ever... Even at brake power at 100% and drag break at 100%.
Switch to holmes hold and the motor seems to be arcing. Esc is not buzzing. Stops arcing when trim is dialled into reverse.

Using bec for steering servo, quick steering left to right sees all channels spasm.. Gears change, throttle spazs out. Steering stops working... Connect old esc remove bec from equation.... All good, except still almost zero drag brake.

What's wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to order the BR-XL for my Bully, sounds too good to pass up.

Should an aftermarket BEC be installed like a Castle Creations for best performance?

I know it has BEC built in, but have been told the Castle BEC's are excellent?

What are the chances of a mini BR_XL coming to market? That would be a great esc for the scaler world and would give another option to the FXR. I know I would be in for buying at least one for now. "thumbsup"

I'm going to order the BR-XL for my Bully, sounds too good to pass up.

Should an aftermarket BEC be installed like a Castle Creations for best performance?

I know it has BEC built in, but have been told the Castle BEC's are excellent?
Always a external bec.. Unless you really don't want one our if your running a stock servo.. But still recommended..
What are the chances of a mini BR_XL coming to market? That would be a great esc for the scaler world and would give another option to the FXR. I know I would be in for buying at least one for now. "thumbsup"
Ummm.. Br mini? It is a mini Brxl..

Or do you mean with a case and a heat sink? (That I have no answer for)

Always a external bec.. Unless you really don't want one our if your running a stock servo.. But still recommended..

Ummm.. Br mini? It is a mini Brxl..

Or do you mean with a case and a heat sink? (That I have no answer for)

With a full case and heat sink. Unless Br mini can handle scaler duties of hours of driving in the dirt, mud, and crawling without over heating.

Back