• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

To much thinking TTC

willipmartinni

Rock Crawler
Every since the Dorkstar Hera Ive been dreaming in SolidWorks of Tekin T8 Motors, 22.2 Volts, and chromoly tubing.

screenshottruck.png

Very much a copy of my Scx10 based brushless truggy, Just trying to refine the chassis.
Still tons more to do...

Oh sweet! This should be good.

I can't get enough of your truggy. I drool everytime I go thur your build thread.

This will be good for sure, Chevy bodies FTW!! My TTC truck will be skinned in a clod shell, Chevy bodies are always good for more power, makes 3s feel like 4s"thumbsup"

Oh sweet! This should be good.

I can't get enough of your truggy. I drool everytime I go thur your build thread.

Thats awesome, I Dig Texas Too!!!

This will be good for sure, Chevy bodies FTW!! My TTC truck will be skinned in a clod shell, Chevy bodies are always good for more power, makes 3s feel like 4s"thumbsup"

Oh Im down with the Chevs...

definitely liking the lower shock mounts.

Whats the plan for cutting out upper shock mounts/braces in the front ?

18ga laser cut, tabbed together like the big boys. Im going to do those shock mounts too. I was thinking milled aluminum when i drew them so we'll. Im almost there where i can order the laser parts build a fixture and really like all of the placement. Until then Ill mob the truggy... yeah

Weld the tabs through the protrusions, self squaring little pieces.

bottomsidescreenshot.png

Wow! Your really thinking everything thur. So is the lower link mounts also trans mount ?

Can't wait to see the laser cut tabs and brackets. :mrgreen:

yes the trans mount ties the two link brackets together. i plan on lightening the mounting once i get all the mounts figured out. working on the rear uppers and the servo mounts now. amazing how much time it eats up. hoping to be done with the computer work soon so i can get back to welding. Oh i cant wait to put in the order for the tabs brackets and mounts

Is it me or does your upper link look short ?

It also looks like you going to have pretty good bend in the panhard bar.

Yeah it going to take forever.. But in end it will be totally worth all the time you put in. 8)

yeah

Is it me or does your upper link look short ?

the uppers are 80% of the lowers, helps control the pinion angle thru the travel.

It also looks like you going to have pretty good bend in the panhard bar.

true the placement of that = zero bump steer so the bend is worth it and there is room for it so I like it so far. im not so sure tat the frame mount is what i will stay with though.

Yeah it going to take forever.. But in end it will be totally worth all the time you put in. 8)

Im sure it will, i really just want to get onto building a cool fixture and building a new truck...

Thanks for the input. Hopefully soon I can get into some cool parts like the rear shock mounts "thumbsup"

What about pushing the mount on the frame farther back to length the upper link ?

I'm just giving you crap. It's a good method to fallow other than using the link calculator found on Pirate.

Back