• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The best of my mountains hiking & crawling

I used to follow your thread at Traxxas forums before I stopped going there about 1.5 years ago. I am very happy to have found it here. As always incredible pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Trail #54 Old path of pilgrims from Queralbs to Nuria.

We expect 900 meters of ascent in just under 8 km .

August, very hot, almost 20°C [68 ºF] before sunrise.
nur_002.jpg

-
nur_004.jpg

-
nur_007.jpg

-
cog railway across the valley. No other access to the sanctuary
nur_010.jpg

-
Horsetail waterfall, a very common name, and repeated, in these mountains
nur_012.jpg

-
100 º F and continue climbing. I drank almost three liters of Aquarius sports drink and water. Two fans of ESC and motors permanently connected.
nur_017.jpg

-
Reaching the highest point "Creu d'en Riba"
nur_020.jpg

-
And suddenly arrived at the resort. Ops! pardon, Pilgrim shelter...
nur_021.jpg

-
For the descent, we will take the cog train. Has changed a bit since my childhood .
It's not like the crusty old wooden units with dozens of coats of varnish on the seats and light bulbs
that would light up intermittently as more or less current was collected by the pantograph, but remains part of its charm
nur_022.jpg

Link Trail #54
http://www.google.com/translate?langpair=es|en&u=http://www.rc-hiking.com/nuria.htm

"thumbsup"

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW !!! You have made me an E-MAXX believer!! There is no rig on this whole forum that has even done half what your's has !! These are some of the most beautiful pictures of the world I have seen !! Yes you should be paid by Traxxas or at least sponsered !! Thank you for posting these pictures, so incrediable !! :)

Thanks for your comments and support. Traxxas currently not even gave me some stickers .... It is my hobby and while I can afford it, I still enjoy it.

My Emaxx has the two differentials locked for more than 40 hikes, is absolutely essential for hiking trails of moderate and high difficulty . It is true that it loses some direction and ability to maneuver, especially on descents, but the traction and control is total.

Driving with both differentials locked requires some practice and pay attention the first few days.

"thumbsup"

This might be a little old thread but I just found it... I like your experiences very much and I admire your way to do this hobby.... CONGRATULATIONS.

this is the most awesome and inspiring thread I have seen. Im going to start rc hiking as soon as possible.

Man the pictures look so awesome. You have taken that E-maxx to the max. You know what would be cool: if you could show us some more picures of the emaxx itself, like underside, without body. What motors do you run? still have the 2 speed? From one of the pictures I saw it appears that your rear skid plate is wearing out pretty good.

Trail #55 . Volcanic lands. Dark paths.

volc_012.jpg

-
volc_022.jpg

-
volc_009.jpg

-
volc_013.jpg

-
volc_019.jpg

-
volc_016.jpg

-
volc_021.jpg

-

Red red red
volc_002.jpg

-
Soon I'll post some pictures of the Emaxx inside.
Now I have two engines integy 45T, 11/72 ratio and 9.9 V in Life 3s2p.
But I have long used the two original titan to 14.4 V

wow, this is amazing, the pics are great and the places are just stunning, i would love to drive there. or just hike

That looks like a blast.

I can't stop wondering about how many batteries you carry with you on your hikes. Do you drive the Maxx the whole hike or do you end up carrying it some of the way?

Thanks for posting pics of your adventures.

Another challenge for my Emaxx. The top of the left peak in the background.
Trail #56. Peireget Peak.
Peireget Peak. Western Pyrenees ,in the Spanish-French border.
-
pey_001.jpg

-
Watching the sunrise, shortly after starting to walk.
pey_002.jpg

-
Gaining altitude
pey_005.jpg

-
Rocky sections on the path
pey_006.jpg

Turning next to the Pombie lake and shelter
pey_008.jpg

-
The fisherman.
pey_009.jpg

-
Up!
pey_017.jpg

-
The small lake where we saw the fisherman
pey_021.jpg

-
Hardest part of the climb
pey_025.jpg

-
We're on top!. In the background, the Midi D'Ossau peak (2884 m)
pey_029.jpg

When I returned, and when there was less than a kilometer, the Emaxx spent the last battery, but it was worth.

Link to the first RC ascent of Peireget Peak. (Google translated)
http://www.google.com/translate?langpair=es|en&u=http://www.rc-hiking.com/peyreget.htm

nothing particularly unusual in these Emaxx crawl setups.
2 Integy 45T motors, Rpm arms, Big bore shocks, suspension rather high, rubber sealed bearings, Mip CVD, 2 Diff spool, RRP gears and clutch, 12/72 pinion / spur gear . And sometimes spend up to 35000 mah!. Well, it is necessary also to have a great fondness and good shape on mountain hiking "thumbsup"

Trail 57, third attempt at the highest mountain. Natural park Rocks Of Aia.

It does not seem possible to climb this mountain with a 4x4 Rc. But nothing prevents me from trying again and again.
aia8_007.jpg

Approximation, following a stream
aia8_002.jpg

Signals from local trail footpath
aia8_003.jpg

looking for a good path
aia8_006.jpg

-
aia8_004.jpg

-
aia8_011.jpg

-
Up!
aia8_012.jpg

-
Don't look down.
aia8_013.jpg

-
The climb up the rock wall.
We are at the end of the right branch of the first picture and can not continue.
aia8_014.jpg

"thumbsup"

Back