• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Terrific New Helping Hand "ThirdHandMan" for Soldering

This thing looks amazing. I was almost about to fall into the trap of buying a conventional "helping hands", which would have been better than my current "rubber band around pliers" system. Added this to my wishlist for sure!

Once you do decide to buy one, I hope you will post back here whether you actually like it. I know that several people have ordered one based on my original review. None have posted back yet. I don't know if that's good news or bad. I'm gonna go with good. I'd hate to steer anyone wrong. I'd like to believe that this tool is as useful to others as it is to me.

Anyone who has purchased this tool, I'd love to hear whether you are happy with it.

Once you do decide to buy one, I hope you will post back here whether you actually like it. I know that several people have ordered one based on my original review. None have posted back yet. I don't know if that's good news or bad. I'm gonna go with good. I'd hate to steer anyone wrong. I'd like to believe that this tool is as useful to others as it is to me.

Anyone who has purchased this tool, I'd love to hear whether you are happy with it.

I bought one and use it all the time now. Highly recommended. Makes in truck soldering jobs much easier.

i got one, havent used it yet but i can tell you its a vast improvement over the el-cheapo radio shack helping hand setup.

That was one of the main things I noticed. It can reach over and around things nicely while sitting on the bench beside the truck.
This is what I'm mainly looking forward to. Being able to leave something attached to the rig while I solder it together. When I saw your photo of the hands reaching up into the rig I knew I was sold on it, lol. Batteries and loose connectors are usually not a problem with the old fashioned tools.

Thank you for the great review MailManX... and all the kind comments, if you have a custom clamp you'd like on my Third Hand throw the idea by me and I'll see if I can fit an arm with it, besides the alligator clips and large clips I also attach stork cross locking pliers.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the great review MailManX... and all the kind comments, if you have a custom clamp you'd like on my Third Hand throw the idea by me and I'll see if I can fit an arm with it, besides the alligator clips and large clips I also attach stork cross locking pliers.

Thanks again!

Hey Bob,

My pleasure! It's easy to write about a product that impresses me. I love using the Third Hand Man tool that you designed and sell. The new arm you sent to me with the stork attachment is my favorite. The length and slenderness of the stork pliers allows them to reach farther and into narrower places. They are also more tolerant of high heat soldering with a butane torch. Since the flexible arms are plastic, it's good to keep the heat further from the arms. However, I've used the butane torch with the regular alligator clips without any problem.

To to the other RCC Forum members: Bob takes custom orders in addition to what you see on his ebay listings. I highly recommend The stork plier attachment on at least one of the four arms. You can also order extra arms with various different attachments since they are so easily interchangeable on the base. Screw one out and another one in by hand in just seconds. I have a total of five arms for the one base.

Back