• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Soze's GMADE Sawback Sport

They are just loud - has something to do with the gear profile. Sounds like an out of tune blender.

I've built up three, and ran quite a bit with Jato's and all 4 are loud. Switching to a different pinion sometimes helps - I use a Traxxas in the latest and it seemed to smooth it out somewhat. I did spend some time on #2 with shims and grease trying to keep the gears from walking laterally which did manage to tone it down, but it was still pretty noisy. I didn't bother with this one. :)

Huh, I guess I just haven't run my 4LS enough to remember how loud a Sawback is. I wonder if there is a different spur/pinion combo that can be used with this transmission to quiet it down. I'll have to investigate when there's time.

As far as the 4LS goes... I'm trying to decide whether to Komodo it, hard body it, or just let the thing go...

Took the GMADE Sawback Sport out for a quick run at the local trail with my son. Forgot my GoPro Hero7, but luckily I had my backup Hero5 in my backpack. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera mount, so it was hard to get good stable footage.

51279777341_f7b1f56a92_b.jpg

51279777306_814cacf44f_b.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B12UZ6E6EgE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back