• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Team Carnage Crew's KOH 2010 chassis build

bastard

Rock Crawler
I have been wanting to start this project for a long time. I have had most of the parts sitting here for the past year. Well after sitting down with slowrockr a few weeks ago we came up with a design. We will be building two of these chassis. One for me and one for slowrockr. We got started a few weeks back but with a busy shop I haven't had much time to work on it. I have about 30 hours in on it now and here is how it sits as of tonight.

Few specs

Spidertrax spider nine housings 3.5 dia. tubes .250 wall
Crane knuckles
aluminum third members
ARB'S front and rear
5.7 liter LS With ZO6 heads and intake 11:1 compression custom cam
Turbo 350
Atlas t-case
FOX Shoxs 2.5 inch triple bypass air shocks
Mastercraft PRO-4 seats
PSC steering
Ron Davis radiator

Attachments

• resize 1.jpg
    resize 1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,977
  • resize 2.jpg
    resize 2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,932
  • resize 3.jpg
    resize 3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,910
  • resize 4.jpg
    resize 4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,909
  • resize 5.jpg
    resize 5.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,927
Sweet, coming along nicely, gonna have to come up and check it.

Crap, looks like it's almost time for me to come build a hood!

Sweet, coming along nicely, gonna have to come up and check it.

Crap, looks like it's almost time for me to come build a hood!

Hope to have it off the table and a roller in a couple weeks so we can start on slowrockr's. Then we can start on all the little details. I might try to strip the lil bastard next weekend.:cry: Not looking forward to that.

Can't wait to see it done! Going to try and make it to a few events next year to see you guys"thumbsup"

Well we got a some more finished up this weekend. Most of the main 1.75 Dia. structure structure is done. This week I will start on the front link mounts and shock mounts. Then work on the seat mounts. on to the pics.

Attachments

• resize 10.jpg
    resize 10.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,526
  • resize 9.jpg
    resize 9.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,503
  • resize 8.jpg
    resize 8.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,523
  • resize 7.jpg
    resize 7.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,551
  • resize 6.jpg
    resize 6.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,588
  • resize 11.jpg
    resize 11.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,520
Oh ya forgot to tell you all. A word of advice. Never put a 3 ft. piece of 1.75 dia. .120 wall in the mill vice not seated all the way and start copeing it with a 1.75 dia roughing end mill. The piece of tube will come out and hit you in the head. SO now I have a big lump on my head three big bruses on my right arm were the tube hit it after my head and a big fawking headacke. I didn't even see it coming but I did hear the ping of the tube hitting my skull. Sounded like hitting a base ball with an aluminum bat."thumbsup"

Are both going to be rear engine? Any particular reason behind rear engine?

Keep up the work guys, I need to come check them out!! "thumbsup"

Nice! is that about the stance you are shooting for?

Stance meaning? It's sitting on the table at full compression, actually a little past full compression. I think he said belly height at ride height will be about 19"

Are both going to be rear engine? Any particular reason behind rear engine?

Keep up the work guys, I need to come check them out!! "thumbsup"
Yes both will be rear engine. As far as I'm concerned just the visibility out the front with a rear engine is worth it. Having only ever run front engine myself, driving the Lil Bastard was an eye opener, rear engine feels much better and dropping off ledges feels more in control. And did I mention the visibility? :ror:

Back