• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Tamiya MF-01X

Received mine today.
Waiting on Fast Eddy Bearings to get here before I start the chassis build.
Is there another chassis option to get more Lift for 9"inch wheelbase?

My Plan-ish..

FullSizeRender_zps1299f50a.jpg

Last edited:
I threw a 21t pinion in and it really woke up. This thing sucks on the track, and also sucks at crawling with open diffs. Give it a gravelly parking lot, or a baseball diamond and it's in it's element- what a blast!

Got the stock chassis up and running but.
I'm missing the Motor plate to install on the motor.
is it plastic or metal?

motor%20plate_zpszsmgivrw.jpg

I did make the gear mesh inspection hole a little bit bigger so I can
actually see the gears..

Used my stock Axail 27T and the stock Tamiya pinion.
Needs lockers.. :)

Last edited:
I can only guess that motor cover/plate is there to keep any extra grease from flying off the gears into the
motor..
Zippy little chassis :D

BD7 is there to keep the hot motor from melting the plastic chassis it's attached to. :) It's an insulator - very common on Tamiya models.

Built mine last night - the rear body mounts let the body flop all over the place. Other than that, liking it so far though... Several of the TL01 options will work on this chassis - Ball diffs, 1-way, speed tuned gears, etc.

MRC axles and 1.55 MTZ's fit the body perfectly. Got an L-Trail chassis here...hmm...

Last edited:
Guess I didn't think about melting plastic..
Won't be using the chassis anyways.. will, with the body.

MRC axles, Same as the Vaterra Slickrock ?
Guess I have some more parts to hunt down..

BTW: Found that lil Motor plate.. :D

I never saw that with my M-03, and I had run a Castle Sidewinder with 4600kV motor, ThunderPower 3s LiPo, 20t pinion, and sedan tires on the front for speed runs, it got HOT, but didn't melt any plastic off the chassis.

The stock chassis is a Great Road car chassis..

but, it's not a crawler chassis.
So I picked up a Used Losi Mini Crawler for axles..

FullSizeRender_zps79b3b344.jpg

Now I need to find a Scaler chassis for it..

Finished up the body details, and made some light buckets for the headlights. Got a little video of it in action before I added the details. Fun running with open diffs but does make crawling anything bigger than a small pebble very challenging :lmao: especially with very little articulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwi1-SSTnxE

Headlights look great on it..
Good Video..
Key to wheeling with open diffs, Speed Speed and more Speed.. :D
Body does wiggle a bit..

As soon as I find a suitable chassis for mine, I'll get started on it..

Finished up the body details, and made some light buckets for the headlights. Got a little video of it in action before I added the details. Fun running with open diffs but does make crawling anything bigger than a small pebble very challenging :lmao: especially with very little articulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwi1-SSTnxE

Silly Question.
Wheres your body posts at?
I mean, I know it's mounted..
Well,,, Pretty sure, I didn't see the body fall off..
Magnets? Velcro?
I may just get another one just to run the stock chassis. ;)

Silly Question.
Wheres your body posts at?
I mean, I know it's mounted..
Well,,, Pretty sure, I didn't see the body fall off..
Magnets? Velcro?
I may just get another one just to run the stock chassis. ;)

velcro - made a couple cylinders out of styrene that slide over the body posts and have a flat top to them to attach the velcro. Drilled holes in the cylinder so the R clips hold it in place and it's some what adjustable.

velcro - made a couple cylinders out of styrene that slide over the body posts and have a flat top to them to attach the velcro. Drilled holes in the cylinder so the R clips hold it in place and it's some what adjustable.

Good idea, Thanks..

Here is where mine sits now..
chassis%20set%20up_zpsvpmdjdv6.jpg

I'm gonna say Yes you do need that special flanged Bearing.
I bought a set of bearings from Fast Eddys and it come with all of them.
You can also just buy them separately from Fast Eddy.
I built and ran my chassis a little bit but now I'm not going to be using it..
It is a Fast little chassis tho. :D

Last edited:
Back