• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tamiya CR-01 Picture Archive - No talking

Went out to the same location today. Changed the motor to the RC4WD 45T, cheap can, but it runs better so far than the stock can did. I finished the Rock Socker body as well, and put it on. Have to do a second set of posts, but for now it is my bashing body.

Same location as above, but this time the wife came out and took the pictures with the big camera.

IMG_2696-L.jpg

IMG_2707-L.jpg

The bashplate so far has been well worth it, although I spent a few hours bending it! Got it from a guy here on the site (he has since sold everything) managed to get his last set.

IMG_2728-L.jpg

A close up:

IMG_2794-L.jpg

Didn't flip it!
IMG_2738-L.jpg

IMG_2741-L.jpg

This is what I was climbing:

IMG_2744-L.jpg

first is the original cr01 with only 1.9 rock lox (rc4wd) ,then a few hop ups ( bent links ,tamiya prop shaft ,ambush body ,rc4wd warn winch ,topcad bumpers rear planning on dooing this weekend ,topcad ledbar ,etc. other one is a friends f350
2pq2s1d.jpg2a2k54.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2a2k54.jpg

Last edited:
i plan on dooing the lights in the body , no idea where i am gooing to put al the wires
vi2l1t.jpg

Last edited:
After fitting 4WS I found I needed more rear tyre clearance.
So I dug out my Toyota FJ pick up body that I previously made, and gave it a trim.

Plenty of clearance now.
I'lol also be able to lower the body down now too if I want to.

I don't recall how many bodies I've had on mine but this is the Active Hobbies 80 series Landcruiser. Added some LEDs & wipers from a F350. Got a hankerin' to get an FJ40 body back on there.

IMG_0102_zps73512be9.jpg

Here is my CR-01 Unimog. Upgrades tekin motor 35t motor and pro esc. Also tranny has ceramic ball bears with metal planterary gears and metal rings,tranny case is aluminum. RC Channel metal axles with 1.9 mudders with custom 8 spoke bead lock rims and three racing shocks and roof rack and light bar with working lights and a lot of other aluminum pieces. I took the battery tray out and replaced it with Velcro so that the battery could sit as low as possible for a better COG. I run a 2c 5000mah lipo battery. I use either a ds6i or a dxs pistol grip radio.

Attachments

• 009_edited-2.jpg
    009_edited-2.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 2,311
  • 007_edited-2-1.jpg
    007_edited-2-1.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 2,252
  • 016_edited-4.jpg
    016_edited-4.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 2,531
Here is my Unimog. I put the rc channel metal axles on it. Running the tekin 35t motor and Fxr esc. Put 3racing springs and boomracing droop shooks on and aluminum bead lock rims and swamp tires. To many extras to list.

Attachments

• 20150116_141832.jpg
    20150116_141832.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 2,479
  • 20150116_141911.jpg
    20150116_141911.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,251
Realized I never posted any photos of mine! I use an HPI Racing Bronco body for bashing around my front and rear garden, but for display purposes I intend to pickup the new Tamiya Bronco body as well as an HPI '79 Ford F-150 body (I own a '79 Ford Bronco, which I love to death). I will certainly post some pics up of that when I manage to complete them.

Representing my crawling club - Crawling Touch RC

Test crawl on the cough. :lmao: I like how it performs so far!

Hi Guys, My First Crawler and first Proper RC car.

I'm not a Massive Tech head so forgive any Ignorance to my Vehicles Spec.

Basically Stock out of the Box.

Tamiya ESC
Efly Hobby Radio and Receiver
Servo is Efly too I think.

I have since added a few 3R upgrades.

Bent Lower arms.
Aluminum Side Frames.
Aluminum Beadlocks.
Aluminum Base plate for under Motor

Oh Yeah by the way I wrapped my Front Tie rod and Servo Bumper in Aquarium Air Hose to protect from scraping them to bits

Back