• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Superjuice Berg

4xFord

I wanna be Dave
I finally built up my super berg again, on a prototype V3 Superjuice. So far I really like it, but I still have a lot of tuning to do. And I need redo the rear upper and lower links.

V3SJsideshot.jpg

I built a set of Super sized 7.75" HB Khaos tires for it. They are on Crawler Innovations machine narrowed HPI Blast wheels with Crawler innovations 7.75" dual stage foams.

superKhaos2.jpg

Running single 7980 servos.

V3SJFronthalf.jpg

I cut some just over 9oz front knuckle weights, not the prettiest, but they work fine. Both front and rear axles are running the RCBros zero ackerman 12mm bearing knuckles and Super 300 CVD's.

V3SJfrontaxle.jpg

Rear axle is similar to the front and has Sven's knuckle weight system. Two slugs on each rear for now.

V3SJbackhalf.jpg

Here is all the electronics on the skid. 2 fxr's, two bec's, and a Futaba 614 reciever.

V3SJelectronics.jpg

Very nice."thumbsup" Did you ditch the super bully's? Really liking that chassis. I keep wondering when its going to be available to buy.

Very nice."thumbsup" Did you ditch the super bully's? Really liking that chassis. I keep wondering when its going to be available to buy.

Thanks I still have most of the superbully left. Usually its the reiable running super when I'm working on this one. I know Krawlfreak likes to put some time on the proto's before settling on a final production run. He does operate fast though....

I'm liking those Super Pins"thumbsup"... how wide did they turn out to be and did you glue them to the rim any or are they just stretch fitted?

Thanks they seem to work really well so far. They are spot glued in 4 places on each bead.

Looks sick Shelby!! That new bj chassis has some smooth lines

Thanks Jim I really like it a lot. "thumbsup"

Awesome work. Can't wait for the superjuice chassis to be avaiable. My BJ3 miniclod needs a big bother.

I got to fondle this thing last weekend in Arizona, everything about it looks nice and clean"thumbsup" Hope to see it on the rocks sometime soon, maybe ECC or Rocas Rojo this summer8)

Nice work Shelby! Just dont drill out the gears... :lol:

Haha ya I'm so hard headed that I will most likely drill that gear again. This time I just won't get so close to the pin! :roll:

Looking good Shelby!

Thanks Will, these knuckles are sweet! Can't beat Zero Ackerman! The bigger bearings are great insurance, especially in a super. Also the shorter knuckle arm really keeps the tire rod out of harms way. Running a OTA tie rod wouldn't gain any more clearance. "thumbsup"

Awesome work. Can't wait for the superjuice chassis to be avaiable. My BJ3 miniclod needs a big bother.

You won't be dissapointed! Krawlfreak drove his to second place at Copperstate Crawloff in a tough crowd. 8)

Sweet truck and nice work!"thumbsup"

Thanks!

I got to fondle this thing last weekend in Arizona, everything about it looks nice and clean"thumbsup" Hope to see it on the rocks sometime soon, maybe ECC or Rocas Rojo this summer8)

Thanks! I'm hoping to make it to both of those comps. I will actually have drivin the rig before those. :oops: May not have been my brightest idea to switch to a new super with zero drive time right before a big comp, but I just couldn't resist it!

Also just wanted to add that I am durability testing the 7075 RcBros lockers in this super, since there's no way my 2.2 would faze them. So far they have held up and the super courses at copperstate were not easy on the rigs!

Also found some pics of my rig on that crazy high grip rock.

DSC_5665.jpg

DSC_5824.jpg

DSC_5826.jpg

That super is killer. I wish I had an extra $1,000 so you could build me one.

Those big sexy tires remind me of this beast. "thumbsup"

Attachments

• BF5-2.jpg
    BF5-2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 3,930
Last edited:
From the first picture you text messaged me I was in love. It has so a sleek look and smooth lines. It looks bad azz fo sho"thumbsup" Very, very nice Super Shelby. I'm also glad you are lovin' the tires and foams.8)

I would not want to have been the person who had to trim the tread on those bad boys! Holy tedious batman!!! :shock:

Who did that...You or Eddie?

I would not want to have been the person who had to trim the tread on those bad boys! Holy tedious batman!!! :shock:

Who did that...You or Eddie?

Dude it took forever, 450 lugs per tire, 1800 total. :shock:

Thanks! I'm hoping to make it to both of those comps. I will actually have drivin the rig before those. :oops: May not have been my brightest idea to switch to a new super with zero drive time right before a big comp, but I just couldn't resist it!

I did the same thing too, finished my super up in the car on the way to the comp spot:ror:

Also just wanted to add that I am durability testing the 7075 RcBros lockers in this super, since there's no way my 2.2 would faze them. So far they have held up and the super courses at copperstate were not easy on the rigs!

I'm glad somebody liked those courses, me and Hoppa worked hard on them:twisted:

Back