• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

started my own rock pile

jokers_toys

Quarry Creeper
i got tired of just a pile of rocks in my yard to play with. looking at all the great "rock gardens" you guys have built i fig i would do one of my own no where done yet but i think a great start what u guys think? any ideas will be welcome

DSCF4438-1.jpg

DSCF4436-1.jpg

DSCF4437-1.jpg

just a start but it gets the job done lol "thumbsup"

so far so good. i have a suggestion. u have alot of "smaller rocks", get some small sheets of wood or something and make "ramps ( /\ ) and cover them in rocks so u can climb up "thumbsup"

try and contacting your local landscaping outfit or construction company and see if u can have their rocks. im sure they wouldnt mind droping them off 2 u for free since they wouldnt have to wory bout finding some place else that charges

Nice start! My boyfriend and I had a rock pile in our back yard. Most of it has now been transfered indoors due to snow, still getting used to the idea of rocks on the carpet. :roll: Anyways, we must of rearranged 50 times at least trying to get more challenging angles and stuff. The wood ramps like krono7s said are a good idea.. You could then get a couple of sticks and tie them together with rope or cord to make a 'log bridge' and connect some of the taller sections together. Depending on how you space the sticks will make more or less challenging. If nothing else it's pretty entertaining to watch the car drive across it. Good luck and just keep adding to it! "thumbsup"

thank you all. this is just the base i have some bigger rocks to lay and i really like the wood bridge idea might just try that. i am building a larger log area too. i like the mix of logs and rocks insted of just rocks and i will build a wall too

Back