• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Soze's GMADE GOM GR01 Build

"succumbed"? Is Junfac not a good place to order from? (Asking to learn)

Nah it's fine. Just higher shipping costs since it's shipping from Korea.

If I waited for RPP or any other vendor around here, there's the potential to use coupon codes + lower shipping cost.

Is your transmitter "hacked" to get three positions on the third channel? I'm using the same transmitter and I have it set up for high/low gear only (two position, no dig).

Shift servo calibration using the 3ch 3position switch on the FlySky GT3C
26430647849_589d929e23_b.jpg

Is your transmitter "hacked" to get three positions on the third channel? I'm using the same transmitter and I have it set up for high/low gear only (two position, no dig).

Yessir, hacked. I bought the programmer, connection pins... soldered it up, connected to computer and hacked it.

I use the 3 position 3ch trim switch for the shifting.

So is it possible to setup the dig to be controlled separate from the low and high gears? I know you can set it up to use dig or not use it, though maybe I'm misunderstanding things.

One more question, How heavy are the seats in the Gom? I just picked up the seat from my Wraith and they're way heavier than they need to be so I'm eyeing the Gom seats as replacements since they look light.

Last edited:
So is it possible to setup the dig to be controlled separate from the low and high gears? I know you can set it up to use dig or not use it, though maybe I'm misunderstanding things.

One more question, How heavy are the seats in the Gom? I just picked up the seat from my Wraith and they're way heavier than they need to be so I'm eyeing the Gom seats as replacements since they look light.

I don't know if you could control it separately, but basically the setup for not using dig is to lock the shifting mechanism for the dig portion so that it never gets engaged.

To best describe it the servo shifting block sits between the shifting rods of the 2 speed and the dig.
In center/neutral position, neither rod is engaged and you are in 4wd + low gear.
In forward position, high gear is engaged still in 4wd.
In backward position, dig is engaged and you are back in low gear.

Didn't weigh the seats, but they do have some weight to them. They're also 2 piece as the seat cushion is a separate piece.

Steps 75-86: Cage/Body/Cockpit

I'll add pictures of the body panels later, but was playing around with the cage to see what woudl be involved in getting to certain areas of the truck during maintenance.

So you can take the cage off as a whole piece. There's gotta be a way we can make this work by a hinge and fasten right?
38493018882_d068312806_b.jpg

Will be painting more details to the cockpit later.
38493022552_de02536471_b.jpg

EDIT: Here are the rest of the body pictures.

Painted with Tamiya PS-30 Brilliant Blue and Tamiya PS-5 Black

38593788256_eaf058eb5f_b.jpg

38593785466_597b381cf6_b.jpg

24777495358_dafeb4623d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Some work under the hood.

Picture of the Mamba X just fitting into the spot above the receiver box.
38493037662_141a7343a5_b.jpg

26748994559_3fcaa9e820_b.jpg

So as mentioned the receiver box is quite small. I'm using a FlySky 6ch receiver and it's just a tad too big for the box so I had to modify the receiver casing.
38493044722_391ab1e0db_b.jpg

38493043272_2118bf501c_b.jpg

The receiver will only fit by putting it on its side.
38493041152_f5daa1564f_b.jpg

26748995999_dd64a18113_b.jpg

Looks like any standard size/type servo will do for shifting? Have not started my build as of yet, been reading and picking up tips here and there. Appreciate all the advise i find here on the forums.

Looks like any standard size/type servo will do for shifting? Have not started my build as of yet, been reading and picking up tips here and there. Appreciate all the advise i find here on the forums.

Yes, a standard size servo is used for shifting. I'm getting good results with a cheap one that has basic specs, but I've seen others talking about a need for high torque. It sounds like the shifting mechanism isn't working smoothly for everyone, which creates the need for more torque.

Yes, a standard size servo is used for shifting. I'm getting good results with a cheap one that has basic specs, but I've seen others talking about a need for high torque. It sounds like the shifting mechanism isn't working smoothly for everyone, which creates the need for more torque.

I'm just using a Savox 254MG because I had it lying around. It's got 7.2kg of torque. I think it'll do fine in there.

So far the shifting fork does seem to slide more smoothly when transitioning between high and low gear. It seems like less sticking on the way back to low gear from high if that makes any sense. This was just minor bench testing and I've yet to take it out for a good run.

It's starting to get to the finish line. Minor decals added. I really love the way this truck looks.

By no means complete yet, as I still have some parts to put on..... but I will be running it soon.

26962971679_5fd9ffc52d_b.jpg

38022264964_dfb1f2fa9c_b.jpg

24866273548_4745e69d48_b.jpg

26962964059_b71002e602_b.jpg

23874647537_fc7a02c77d_b.jpg

Soze, just started my build and just finished the axles. Did you experience any gear mesh issues? One of my axles gear mesh is very rough and not smooth at all. I have tore it down once and re-greased with no luck. Appreciate any suggestions.

Back