• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Skinny solid axles for a 2wd project.

a_s10_blazer

I'm looking for preferably 7in/178mm or skinnier axles for a 1/10 scale s10 blazer body I'm making a fully custom chassis. I can also get a set of axles and shorten the housings to make them skinnier also but not trying to if there's a set out there. Anything helps me out with any info.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

You might look at Associated's CR12 axles. They're not very heavy duty, but do fit a working differential, if you're into that. They list the RTR as just under 8" wide, but with lower-offset wheels, I'm pretty sure you could get down to 7" or so.

https://www.associatedelectrics.com...R12/CR12_Tioga_Trail_Truck/parts_accessories/

RC4WD Yota II or K44s are fairly scale, but would have to be narrowed slightly.

The demand for smaller, scale axles isn't large, and the offerings reflect that.

Everyone has so far suggested straight axles with a differential. Being as you are going to be using a Blazer body, I'm thinking you might be more interested in an IFS set-up. That would match up to the 2wd Blazer set-up. The custom chassis you are talking about would make it easier to incorporate the IFS in to than a RTR chassis would. Just a thought . . . . . . . . .

Everyone has so far suggested straight axles with a differential. Being as you are going to be using a Blazer body, I'm thinking you might be more interested in an IFS set-up. That would match up to the 2wd Blazer set-up. The custom chassis you are talking about would make it easier to incorporate the IFS in to than a RTR chassis would. Just a thought . . . . . . . . .
That's what I'm planning on doing. Ifs with a solid axle rear. Everyone so far has suggested the boom racing brx70 phat axle. and I'm gonna make some custom uppers and lowers for the front to make it fit atleast 7.5in or 8in across with some skinnys and slicks front and rear that's inside the body.

the brx70 phat axle is just under 6 inches 5.8" wide and will take a beating cause they use scx10 gears and there heavy no need for brass with those lol
down side is there not cheap

https://www.boomracing.com/complete-front-assembled-brx70-phat-axle-set-w-ar44-hd-gears-151552
That's actually less than 7 but its actually perfect. I was wanting some deep or super deep dish wheels and that'll definitely work. Yeah there $90 for a single rear but better than the 8in wide axles I was finding for $50

That's actually less than 7 but its actually perfect. I was wanting some deep or super deep dish wheels and that'll definitely work. Yeah there $90 for a single rear but better than the 8in wide axles I was finding for $50

i have a few sets of boom axles and they really are bad ass axles

Back