• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Sin's 70 Series Landcruiser Build

Chris and I didn't have them. Blake's is over here I think...

Well, I should be set. I got pretty much all my unanswered questions on this rig reading the original build. I wanted to see how he extended it, and narrowed the front clip. I knew how, but wanted to see everything "in progress". I think I am going to widen the front chassis/clip and use spacers to secure the motor/trans. That way I can hardmount the T-60's. The leafs mount perfectly in the rear, the front cannot line up with the notches due to it being .25' too narrow on each side. Also nice to see how he mounted the shocks, I wasn't sure if my mounts were set up proper. I'll be welding/bolting in new shock mounts and dropping some LT shocks in the rear with new leaf springs, these are pretty worn out and beat up. Chassis is coming 100% apart next week, same with the body and interior and getting some styrene work and professional paint work done. Then Colby and I are tacking the cage work to replace the OEM plastic setup. This thing is going to weigh a TON when I'm done.

Those rear leafs were pretty much perfect when i passed it on. Did you twist them already? Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Those rear leafs were pretty much perfect when i passed it on. Did you twist them already? Lol.

Nope. I think the RC4WD simple leaf mounts make them too stiff, I pulled the helper springs out, I am thinking of trimming the leaf mounts and adding a trac bar to prevent axle wrap. Not a biggie, I guess at this point I just want to "base line" everything. Since there are no fluid, I'll start with the el cheapo mods.

It's your rig now. Your call but I would not soften the rear end up at all. It's SOFT already. (soft for leafs) plus if you do any weight in the rear (metal bed work) your leafs will then be way way too soft. I've used leafs a lot so that is my advice having experience with that particular rig. But your call.

It's your rig now. Your call but I would not soften the rear end up at all. It's SOFT already. (soft for leafs) plus if you do any weight in the rear (metal bed work) your leafs will then be way way too soft. I've used leafs a lot so that is my advice having experience with that particular rig. But your call.

I did run it without the helpers, the rear sagged so much the bed was sitting on the tires lol. When I do the metal cage work I think I'll keep the current soft leafs, and add a soft coil over shock as an aid. I have the RC4WD scale 80mm shocks now with the springs off. Like I said, my first rig (of any type...period) so it's a learning experience. I'll need all the input I can get. However the "Simple Leaf Mounts" put pressure on the leafs and somehow make them stiffer. Or the push the leafs up, or however these damn things work lol.

Last edited:
We'll see about that Nick. Lol.

I'll make you a killer deal on it...buy me a Slee rear bumper with the dual carriers and you can have BOTH my rigs. :flipoff:

I honestly don't see myself letting this go, I mean common! It's a 70 Series Land Cruiser, this thing travels with me to work, home, school (not in the classroom lol) and rides with me in the back of the truck in case I need to bust out some emergency crawling on the side of the highway :)

Come by Monday and grab Halo 4, I still haven't played it...been 2 weeks...school work is drowning me right now. But man, you need to play Call of Duty BOII, incredible

I'll make you a killer deal on it...buy me a Slee rear bumper with the dual carriers and you can have BOTH my rigs. :flipoff:

I honestly don't see myself letting this go, I mean common! It's a 70 Series Land Cruiser, this thing travels with me to work, home, school (not in the classroom lol) and rides with me in the back of the truck in case I need to bust out some emergency crawling on the side of the highway :)

Come by Monday and grab Halo 4, I still haven't played it...been 2 weeks...school work is drowning me right now. But man, you need to play Call of Duty BOII, incredible

Spoke with Slee today, your bumper should be there on wednesday :flipoff:

i forgot i had Halo lol, ill call ya mondays and come get it. My sister came home from CO so i haven't had a chance to nab Black ops yet. soon...

Oh yeah , Awesome backyard wheeling pics!

been having a bunch of fun with my 70series as well..

its 4link out back but the abilities are insane!

been having a bunch of fun with my 70series as well..

its 4link out back but the abilities are insane!

I'd like to see a few pictures of a 4-linked 70. Any specs on it? I love the leafs, but I still want to go 4-link with it for that added capability. Well, I said it was going to be a shelf queen...but things change right :)

Well, I just blew up the plastic gear in the transfer case, I have no idea what type it is. I looked on RC4WD, RPP Hobby, and searched every site. Can't find it. I guess I'll be swinging by HobbyTown trying to find a replacement. Hoping I can find something that works. I really want to get this out Sunday.

Well, I just blew up the plastic gear in the transfer case, I have no idea what type it is. I looked on RC4WD, RPP Hobby, and searched every site. Can't find it. I guess I'll be swinging by HobbyTown trying to find a replacement. Hoping I can find something that works. I really want to get this out Sunday.

pm bonards to see what transfer case it is. i dont know why any t-case would use plastic.. oh btw if you can't find what you need i can sell you a barely used T1 disruptor t-case for $40 shipped. "thumbsup"

check out my build thread, sin.
4EDCF74E.jpg

im at 11.5" wheelbase using unsprung losi 4" shocks (internally limited with a 5mm spacer
and losi micro crawler springs which limit drop out unless its pulled there)

Hey mate very nice. I only just discovered this thread and had been intending to ask Heinie about this rig when he had it in his possession.
I have a build of one if these going currently. It's not in here as I have a few local guys that use this forum and until it's finished I wasn't intending of loading pics on my local forum. It's an awsome body and I won't be letting mine go as it adds to my stable of Toyota's. I might have to ask you for some tips if I mine dosent go according to plan since this one has so much experience in it already. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Back